Apple Cider Vinegar for Chicks?

bigredfeather

Songster
11 Years
Oct 1, 2008
Yorkshire, Ohio
I will be hatching some chicks in the coming weeks. I have been giving my hens ACV in their water for quite a while. I was wondering at what age could you start giving chicks ACV. I would think you could start at an early age, but with a lesser amount than a full size chicken.

Any suggestions or expiriences would be welcomed.

Thanks.

1 tsp in a quart waterer works out fine.

After a day or two when they are eating their crumbles well you can give them a dish of yogurt with some crumbles sprinkled on top. You'll have to teach them different foods and the behavior you want them to exhibit - roosting, etc.

Apple Cider Vinegar, raw, organic, unfiltered (with the mother) is good for you too. It is very healthy to take tbsp a day to prevent things that might ail you. It is antibiotic, antifugal, antiviral, antiyeast etc. Just plain good for you probiotics - just like yogurt - lots of healthy little enzymes that help the good stuff in your body do its job by boosting function and immunity.

Quote:
You got it!
wink.png

MissP knows exactly what she's talking about here! I take it everyday, as well as my chickens getting it. Good stuff!

Quote:
I just drink it straight. It isn't the most pleasant thing, I will have to admit, but the benefits more than outweigh the taste! Think of it like this. When you are sick, you don't hesitate to take a cough syrup, right? Let's face it! That isn't the most tastey stuff in the world! I'd rather take a Tbsp. of ACV every night and not have to worry about getting sick. After awhile, you get used to it anyways.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom