Apple Cider Vinegar for Chicks?

Make sure you are feeding your chickens plain yogurt with active live cultures. I make my yogurt in the crock pot over night and all it cost me is a quart of whole milk. Very easy.

The sugar and artificial flavors are not good for the chickens.

I just bought the plain generic brand from wal-mart. They LOVE it. They are really stuipd though, I put it out in two different bowls and I have one chick who will stand in one bowl and eat out of the other one. I think that was also the chick who tried to dust itself with the yogurt when I gave it to them the first time. The poor thing was completely covered! The other chicks were eating the yogurt off of her!

The generic walmart stuff may be somewhat healthy to add to cooking but it is pasturized and filtered. Most enzymes were killed in the pasturizing process and the filtering took out the good bits.

on a side note, if you're begining to drink ACV for yourself, you may want to start out small.. though all organics claim to be 5%, some are more acidic than others! i bought my first bottle yesterday, and currently am drinking it with white grape juice(can barely taste the vinegar).. but it gives me such awful heartburn

You can always water it down a little and throw it on a good salad with some olive oil and good spices! This is the way I get my daily vinegar! Three healthy things in one dose!
wink.png

I take a watermelon cut it in two clean out just enough on both halfs and fill it with plain yogurt with active live cultures and my word you better step back cause they will be flying yogurt coming at you.
hide.gif
They really love it in the summer when it's warm.

Back
Top Bottom