Apply To Become A Volunteer Project Manager

You'd have made a much better VPM than I. The time thing, i think we all understand.
Aw thanks. Time management aside, I don’t see why you wouldn’t be a good VPM. I kind of live in the boonies too so I don’t have dependable internet at home. Just cell service. I sort of hover around BYC when I’m at work and have snippets of free time. 🤫

Aw thanks. Time management aside, I don’t see why you wouldn’t be a good VPM. I kind of live in the boonies too so I don’t have dependable internet at home. Just cell service. I sort of hover around BYC when I’m at work and have snippets of free time. 🤫
Ditto. My cell phone is attached to my computer right now so I can log in. 2 bars with a signal booster.

I'm not wired for social interaction, and am often percieved as uncaring, hurtful and/or dismissive with my writings. While it doesn't bother me, I am aware that its not a good look as a representative of another, such as BYC.

Those of you who are already VPMs, would you mind sharing a little bit of information for everyone as to what its like? The time and commitment it takes would be good things to highlight.
What is it like?
(and these are just my own personal opinions)
If you like being a team player and working with a good group of people to accomplish tasks, then it's fun. There are opportunities to be more "out front" like hosting a contest, but there are also plenty of less "out front" tasks that need doing. So, something for the more outgoing peeps and something for the more quiet peeps. :D

Time wise can depend. If it is full on contest time, like the recent BYC fair for example, there was much going on that needed daily time to accomplish. And while there is always a contest or something similar happening, sometimes there are less contests and some of the other tasks that need doing are not as intense.

A few of the mods are slave drivers (shhh....🤫...don't tell them I said that) but doing VPM tasks is usually flexible to your own schedule or daily time-line.

Does that help?

Last edited:
@Nifty-Chicken suppose #5 should be updated
2CD31B7D-7CDE-4173-A910-0CD22B453DC4.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom