April 2020 Hatch-A-Long! All are welcome!

Here’s my lone hatchling from my April hatch, just over 3 weeks old. She’s growing well, today is the first day she’s come outside for more than 30 seconds 😝 the big girls aren’t fans but they’ll get used to her eventually. Lol
948CCBFE-EE25-4B1F-AE5F-2C6AB2A6BFAD.jpeg

Here’s my lone hatchling from my April hatch, just over 3 weeks old. She’s growing well, today is the first day she’s come outside for more than 30 seconds 😝 the big girls aren’t fans but they’ll get used to her eventually. Lol
View attachment 2142200
Pretty girl! It amazes me how fast they grow!

My WH lone hatcher from April 15th... She ended up with two feed store buddies because she was soooo sad when I wasn't holding her constantly. Now she runs from me as the rest of my ducks do most of the time, but every now and then will dive with abandon into my lap for a quick snuggle before acting cool again. Lol 🦆🦆🦆🙄:confused:

20200512_184101.jpg

Pretty girl! It amazes me how fast they grow!

My WH lone hatcher from April 15th... She ended up with two feed store buddies because she was soooo sad when I wasn't holding her constantly. Now she runs from me as the rest of my ducks do most of the time, but every now and then will dive with abandon into my lap for a quick snuggle before acting cool again. Lol 🦆🦆🦆🙄:confused:

View attachment 2142936
Your little one is a beauty! And the other 2 are cuties too. Glad you could find her some friends. :) last year’s batch that I got as day olds were like that; come to see you, and then remember that they’re supposed to be scared and run. 🙄 I do find the ones I’ve hatched are friendlier for longer.

Birds are like gold around here right now, no ducklings to be had! We don’t have access to anything like TSC, all of our birds come from out of town hatcheries, so this little one is stuck being alone for a couple more weeks until the eggs in the bator hatch, unless I wanted to give her chick friends - but I don’t think the chicks would appreciate that. 😝 good reason to hatch more eggs right?

Your little one is a beauty! And the other 2 are cuties too. Glad you could find her some friends. :) last year’s batch that I got as day olds were like that; come to see you, and then remember that they’re supposed to be scared and run. 🙄 I do find the ones I’ve hatched are friendlier for longer.

Birds are like gold around here right now, no ducklings to be had! We don’t have access to anything like TSC, all of our birds come from out of town hatcheries, so this little one is stuck being alone for a couple more weeks until the eggs in the bator hatch, unless I wanted to give her chick friends - but I don’t think the chicks would appreciate that. 😝 good reason to hatch more eggs right?
Absolutely! ❤️

I have birds reserved that I haven't even set yet. It's a great time to be able to hatch eggs yourself!

Back
Top Bottom