April Fools 2016 - New Development: Chicken Feed That Changes Egg Shell Color!

Status
Not open for further replies.
it sounds like cheating, after we went through all the trouble to get ameracaunas, california whites, cream legbars, and numerous others years ago… i would rather have the chicken… then the feed…
cool idea though!

Last edited:
And I bet if there is a yellow or gold egg it's from adding tumeric to the feed so yes all natural!! gold more tumeric yellow less

Last edited by a moderator:
I must say that i really do want to try out the feed!! though i don't think it should be able to be sold to hatcheries and such for commercialization. Little backyard flocks yes, but we don't want to make any breed numbers decline or completely be put out because you can just buy the feed. Which i am sure the feed will be more expensive than most, and most people will want to try it out but then if i was selling eggs and birds i wouldn't want to pay more for feed when i can just use normal priced everyday stuff at a lower cost, i assume it would be counter productive for those who try to make money from there hens.. I see this only as an interesting project/experiment. Point is that in the long run for commercialized breeders and hatcheries it would not be worth the cost spent to just "dye" their eggs

Just told the hens,,,all they said was "is this gonna make our buts look big?"

Told them if we win feed,we will donate to less fortunate hens,no worries!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom