Votes: 6 5.2%
  • 31 - 40 eggs

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 41 - 50 eggs

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • 51+

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
he closed it soon after right? opening it is not a problem unless its for a longer time, remember momma gets off the nest for at least 10 mins a day to do one incredibly large and smelly poop, get a drink, chow down some grub and if she can she will squeeze in a dust bath. 

oh yeah, a quick way to boost humidity is a spray bottle-you dont have to spray the eggs-just spray the air around it (yes i open the edges of the bator to do this)

Yes it was closed within 1 minute. So it should be okay then? Even though we had to unplug it for a minute to move it?

absolutely fine, unless it took hours and hours to get back up to temp-if you have a fan in it the air temp stabilizes sooner.

We don't have a fan but it's already back up to 101.8 humidity is still only at 50% we put a humidifier in the bathroom with it so we will see if that will help. I already have a wet rag in the incubator.
Thanks for being so reassuring.

My first-time silkie pullet, Presley is on the home stretch with her two BBS marans eggs. She's on day 19. She looks absolutely adorable sitting on her nest. I haven't candled for a long time, so I hope she gets her little chicks.

My incubator BBS marans eggs are on day 13 and all 6 are still looking good. I have no idea if Presley will accept these 6 babies because there will be a week difference in age, but I'm going to try it.

Good luck everyone! :jumpy

Going into lockdown tomorrow but I candled tonight because I wanted to check and see if the duck eggs in there were fertile. I think one of the seven going into lockdown has quit but hard to tell it's a green egg. I candled the six new chicken eggs in there and none appear to be doing anything. I will have to tell my friend's dad that his rooster is shooting blanks lol. But seven out of the egg duck eggs are developing :)

We're getting excited as we go into our last 7 days Wed is lockdown for our chickens
All 5 of our lab orps developed, they are all presold. All our sex link are presold.
Bailey is keeping the 3 oegb mixed.
And well have a good mix still to sell as week old at our swap the following week.
When 9 of our goose eggs should start hatching. The final 3 will be the the following week.
We're excited on our mixed hatching. But next hatch we'll only be working with our layers. No bantams

I forgot to update this thread. I had my first April hatchling make its appearance on the 1st. When I heard peeping in the 'bator that morning, I thought someone was playing an April fools joke on me. But, at about 9pm that night, I had a cute little blue Silkie or Sizzle running around in there. It was the egg I had taken from one of my broodies, meant to tide her over u til the eggs I wanted her to hatch arrived. It managed to get out on its own in only 35% humidity. Its been in the brooder for the past couple of days terrorizing the 2 week old Silkie and Sizzle that were already in there.

I candled the other day and had to pitch one quitter. Everyone else looks to be doing well. Hatch day is the 10th and I'll be glad when I can stop hand turning all these dang eggs!

Update: I did my 7 day candle on my 34 silkie eggs and had one early quitter (blood ring) and 2 are looking like clears but I left them in to see if they surprise me. The rest had beautiful veining :) these are shipped eggs so I'm pretty happy about it.

I will be setting 15 GLW today. My first 2 dozen barred rock eggs look to be all clears. I bought them locally and supposedly they were fertile. So I'm thinking maybe the rooster is too young and they don't realize it.

Back
Top Bottom