Votes: 6 5.2%
  • 31 - 40 eggs

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 41 - 50 eggs

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • 51+

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
New to incubating and thought I'd join in. Set 14 Golden Campine eggs on 3/25... candled out two clears, so there's a dirty dozen developing. Backstory, last year we decided to get five 2-day-old Campines... within 6 months we had a pair left (bad luck with EYP). Added three Buttercups to make a flock but really wanted more Campines. Had high hopes the farm store would get more Campines this year, but they didn't. Bright idea... get an incubator and make some. Easier said than done! After lots of reading on here and 2 weeks of collecting the right eggs, I think we're doing better than expected. This is really eggciting! Hope you all have good luck with your hatches!

My first-time silkie pullet, Presley is on the home stretch with her two BBS marans eggs. She's on day 19. She looks absolutely adorable sitting on her nest. I haven't candled for a long time, so I hope she gets her little chicks.

My incubator BBS marans eggs are on day 13 and all 6 are still looking good. I have no idea if Presley will accept these 6 babies because there will be a week difference in age, but I'm going to try it.

Good luck everyone! :jumpy

Update: I thought I heard chirping under Presley, so I slipped my hand under her and could feel one of the eggs has a pip in the shell!!!! We are going out of town tomorrow for Easter, so I'm hoping when I go and check on her early in the morn, she'll have her chicks. :fl

I set 43 turkey eggs on March 28 and first candling showed two clears (tossed 'em), five unsure due to shell pigmentation, and 36 definitely growing with strong veining after 7 days. Shipped eggs were 20/25 (the other five being unsure) and local eggs 16/18.

My turkeys finally laid their first egg today. Not sure which of the girls it was as none took credit for it.

We hatch our very first chick! Yay!

I've still got weeks for my April HAL sets! But my Easter HALs are hatching!

For April, down to 2/5 of the Goose eggs developing. :(
Only 2/9 of my shipped Hedemora eggs are developing. They had a rough ride through the PO with almost all the air cells displaced. After 8 days of being left strictly alone, the air cells are still detected. The two developing have wonky air cells still, I'm leaving them all alone until mid next week at least. Fingers crossed the two keep kicking!
My broody still has her 8-9 eggs, but I haven't candled to see what's developing. She's been a very good broody'! Very serious face, very scary.
big_smile.png

And I have another 21 Pilgrim eggs in the bator but they're not even at day 7 so don't know what's going on in them!

Need to figure out what I can set for the Cinco de Mayo HAL, don't have any turkey eggs. And haven't had time to try and find any! Would love some Bourbon Reds or Royal Palms.... maybe I should try to track some down next week!

My broody, Presley hatched her two marans babies this fine Easter morn. She even gave me a nice peck this morn in their defense. Good mama. One of the chicks can be seen on the right side of pic. They blend right in.

I am so hoping this month goes better than last.

This will be my fist time setting shipped eggs and I know that my numbers may be lower than nonshipped eggs

46 eggs total
Eggs set on April 2

8 Spangled Orpingtons
4 Gold Laced Orpingtons
6 Chocolate Orpington
7 Blue over Silver laced Orpington
2 Gold laced over lavender Orpington
9 Olive eggers

ON APril 13 these will go in
10 Lemon laced Orpingtons

Have to buy another bator for hatching (oh no!). Any thoughts on your favorite bator?

Today is lockdown. Set 47. Pulled 7 on day 10. Pulled 9 today. So 31 in lockdown. 3 of those look to be either late deaths or a few days behind. Tomorrow I have to move the month old chicks out of the house to the brooder in the coop to make room for the new chicks. Rotation at its finest.

Candelled my 18 BBS orp eggs this afternoon. It will be day 7 at 730pm today. I'm an absolute newbie so I'm not 100% sure but it looked like only 4 or 5 of them were developing and the others looked like clears.
1f622.png
is it possible that since they are all brown eggs that I just can't see the veining on some yet? Or maybe the ones i think are developing are blood rings? I put them all back in the bator just in case. But I'm heartbroke. I was hoping for at least 50%.

Back
Top Bottom