Votes: 6 5.2%
  • 31 - 40 eggs

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 41 - 50 eggs

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • 51+

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
So I just came in from checking my girls and look what I found.!!

3 chicks hatched on day 19. It switched to day 20 about four hours ago. Four more eggs left in lockdown. No pips in those but some intermittent wiggling :)

I'd like to join. This is my first time hatching. I have 2 babies that I put in a friend's incubator and just had to do a few more myself. I set 7 EExsilkies and 5 Japanese bantamxsilkies. Due to hatch April 24.

First time with eggs in an incubator. I haven't worked WitH hatching eggs at all. I set 40 eggs today. I will finish reading these posts but will gladly take any advice or tips for my information as I follow along.

I learned a lot with our new adventure in egg incubating. First off storing and cleaning fertilized eggs. We seriously thought with us having a rooster (3) and lots of hens lets hatch chicks. So starting out with 21 eggs, I am super happy to say we should have -5 days

Last edited:
So far all barred rock eggs are a wash. So I ordered more from a different source. Hoping for better luck :)

KC Ducks- out of 12: 1 possible clear and 4 early quitters (day 8)

First silkie batch- out of 22: 2 clears and an early quitter (day 11)

2nd silkie batch- out of 12: 1 clear (day 11)

Call ducks- out of 17: 1 early quitter and 5 possible clears (day 7)

All my other eggs are too early to tell but I'm having great luck with my shipped eggs! The KC and BR's were locally bought. They were my first attempt at buying local hatching eggs. I can't wait for my silkies to start laying so I can hatch my own eggs!

What kind of incubator is everyone using? I started with just my Lyon roll x2 but chicken math took its toll and I had to go get one of the cheap little giants from the feed store. It's holding temp and humidity fairly steady so far.

Wow, I just candled 19 Pilgrim eggs in the styro bator and 17 are developing!! Leaving the other 2 in and rotating them in the bator, might just be slower! Might be a lot of little fuzzies running around Ina few weeks!

First candle and cull on 9 day turkey eggs: 21/25 shipped are developing, 17/18 local are developing.

Thursday hatch chicks went into lockdown and I look every couple of minutes to see if they are hatching yet.

One of my turkeys has laid three eggs so far. Two of them from the top roost...

I lock down my eggs today! I'm hoping I can stuff them all into one 'bator. I never did check the eggs under my broodies either, I guess it'll be a surprise.

:fl

Back
Top Bottom