Votes: 6 5.2%
  • 31 - 40 eggs

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 41 - 50 eggs

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • 51+

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
I'm seeing some great numbers on candeling! Walnut hill that is really great!

Love all the pics. That little baby under the mamma is so precious. My mamma turned on her chicks so I had to remove her. I did find the one she was attacking go sick and died a few days later s I believe she knew something was wrong. I have thought about giving her them back as she worked sooo hard! But I really want her to get back to laying!

Keep the stories coming. I candle in 2 days!

I got brave and candled some of the eggs under my broody last night. All 6 I checked were developing nicely, tho' I may have checked at least one twice. Didn't get to see all 9 eggs but happy with what I did see. Then I left the broody cage door open all night! But she was still firmly hunkered down this morning, looking a little annoyed that her privacy might be invaded at any time. Closed the door, she still looks annoyed. I think it's her natural expression.
big_smile.png

And after yet another shipping adventure, which would read like a sit-com of miscue after miscue, I have 8 new Hedemora eggs settling that will go in a bator this evening. One even has an attached air cell, the other 7 have detached but intact ones as far as I can tell. They did spend the weekend sitting at the PO (sigh), probably on their side. But maybe the box was moved enough to count as 'gentle turning'.
fl.gif

I hope shipping eggs isn't as bad as having them shipped!! Since that's my next learning experience. Practicing packing goose eggs this afternoon!

three eggs all hatched on the 19th day. Now its actual day 21 and none of the other eggs have even internally pipped..should I be worried?

Day 20 and 1 pip. Its a brown egg which surprised me. I thought the white eggs would go first. Purchased some eggs today for the next hatch. Will pick them up thursday and set hopefully saturday.

Hi,
This is my first time incubating. I set 12 brahmas 12 ees and 18 barnyard mix on March 19. So far I had 3 clears and two early quiters and one that quit later. Yesterday, we went into lockdown with 34 eggs. They are set to hatch on April 9! We are so eggcited.

Hi,
This is my first time incubating. I set 12 brahmas 12 ees and 18 barnyard mix on March 19. So far I had 3 clears and two early quiters and one that quit later. Yesterday, we went into lockdown with 34 eggs. They are set to hatch on April 9! We are so eggcited.

I hope they all hatch for you! I know your excitement. Lockdown is tomorrow for me and hatch day is Saturday. :jumpy

Good luck to all of you first timers. You will have a blast. It's so addicting.

I've got 32 duck eggs on day 27 now. 2 pips and lots of whistles. I slipped 4 under a broody ancona so we'll see if she can hatch them. If she does then I will give her another 10 ducklings once they hatch. I took her eggs from her because I didn't think they were fertile, but I just now candled them and 8 of them were developing. Into the incubator they go.

We're on Lockdown with 35 in, had some quitters with some of the eggs we'were testing fertility and hatch rate on.
so we might get 4 out of 10 silkie
6 out of 11 game mixed
6 out of 6 sex link
5 out of 5 Lav orps
5 out of 5 oegb X
3 out of 4 rosecomb bantam blended
6 out of 6 EE
I think that's everything in the Friday hatching chickens batch there's 35 eggs in

were 11 out of 12 for the Sebastopol geese so far. One egg apparently wasn't fertilized it was one of 3 new eggs laid the day we went to pick up.
We've got those coming off from 9 the following weekend and 2 the weekend after that.

So we've got some hatching going on...LOL

I don't think the last four eggs are going to hatch :( and to top it off, my first chick that hatched on Easter that was fine yesterday is not doing good this morning :( no pasty butt..idk what's wrong

We have chirping and rocking eggs this morning! Humidity is between 65-70% but I can see that the sponges are drying out. Should I quickly open the incubator and wet the sponges?

Back
Top Bottom