Votes: 6 5.2%
  • 31 - 40 eggs

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 41 - 50 eggs

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • 51+

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
We were successfully zipping and pipping and I had 5 out of 6 of my BBS marans out. I even was thrilled to see that I got one splash baby, which was what I was really hoping for. Then I noticed that #6 had pipped on the complete opposite end. I could see it vibrating and moving the pip. I read up on the situation and was ready to make a move. So I removed the 5 babies to the hot plate and the little splash was dead!!!! It had been robust and completely fuzzed up and everything. I have no idea what happened to it. I'm so bummed about it!! Anyway the other 4 blue ones are doing just fine...knock on wood. The wrong pipped one is still in the bator. I made a little bigger pip to make sure it could breathe and now am waiting to see if it can make it out on its own. Marans eggs are pretty round, but there are other issues according to what I read. After losing the little splash, I'm kind of "chicken" to intervene at the moment.

So cute!! I love their little black vests! What breed are they?

X2! What are they? They're ridiculously cute!
1f495.png
1f423.png
1f425.png

I'm not sure if I have been added to the group yet. I sent a PM. Is there a list somewhere?

I set 13 eggs today, 4/10/15. The rooster is an Ameraucana. The hens are Ameraucana, and different Orpingtons. I tried to pick two brood hens on 4/7, but they didn't sit. Hopefully the one I selected today is the perfect mom. Eggcited!!! I have not successfully hatched any eggs yet. Fingers crossed!

I'm not sure if I have been added to the group yet.  I sent a PM.  Is there a list somewhere?

I set 13 eggs today, 4/10/15.  The rooster is an [COLOR=1A0DAB]Ameraucana[/COLOR].  The hens are Ameraucana, and different Orpingtons.  I tried to pick two brood hens on 4/7, but they didn't sit.  Hopefully the one I selected today is the perfect mom.  Eggcited!!!  I have not successfully hatched any eggs yet.  Fingers crossed!
Yes you was added to the group other wise you wouldn't be able to post a d welcome

10 of 12 are absolutely viable! I have 2 maybes. We saw veining but not movement and one seemed to have a dark part that rolled when I turned the egg. Was about yolk size, or so it seemed. Much different than the tiny dark spots that were moving all around. All of my bantam eggs are moving. 14 days to go! Oh and air cells definitely visible!

Back
Top Bottom