Votes: 6 5.2%
  • 31 - 40 eggs

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 41 - 50 eggs

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • 51+

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
They are so cute. I would like to get some. I only wonder if my other chickens would pick on it for being different from them. I read some where that they would. Have you had any issues with that?
I couldn't say, all my breeds are separate. I know he wants a piece of the big cuckoo Marans beside him...
Edit: the problem with keeping them with other birds would be the crests. The hen's eyes are totally covered, and they can only see directly below them, so they can't defend themselves and are easily spooked if you don't let them know you are there

Last edited:
Never did a HAL. Had a hatch on April 1 that started on March 31 and I didn't know whether I should do march or April HAL. But, I have developed another broody. My DH doesn't want any more chicks right now so I'm just letting her have 2 eggs. These are due
April 30. Don't know what's up with the end off the month thing. Happy hatching everyone.

They are Silkied Ameraucana Project birds, 44 in this incubator, about 48 in next weeks (candling for culls tonight), and about 50 in the week after that - 3 x 18 egg cartons of eggs waiting for a spot, I am going to clean up one last incubator for them :D

I'm breeding towards black, so this one being a black chick really makes me happy!
Wow!! That's a lot of chicks
1f602.png
any more updates :D

Here are (most) of my April HAL chicks! They're in the big brooder now. I still really don't know how many chicks are under my broodies. I'll make a final count when the guy I'm splitting the hatch with comes and picks up his chicks tomorrow.

Here are the 6 healthy chicks. 5 PB rocks and 1 PB/Leghorn. Left the rest of the eggs in bator for another couple of days. Setting another 48 tonight. Hatch date: May 3

Back
Top Bottom