Votes: 6 5.2%
  • 31 - 40 eggs

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 41 - 50 eggs

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • 51+

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
And now I think I've completely talked myself out of an incubator, I'm planning on getting about 5 (unsexed) silkie chicks, so hopefully I will get some hens, and i might just get the eggs I need, and leave the hatching to them!!

What is the silkied ameraucana project? I haven't heard of it, and they are really nice, there is a wide range of colours :D :D

Only blue and black here, the camera dun goofed the colors for some reason. Project link is in my signature - basically Ams with silkied feathering. It'll continue to be a long project, I'm breeding toqards black so color projects can more easily get going.

lockdown tonight>>> candled and threw out obvious quitters, two have reduced veining-not sure if they are quitting so kept them in. so out of 12 mailed sizzles, 7 made it to lockdown, out of 14 mailed mille fleur leghorns, 5 made it to lockdown and out of 27 d'uccles (home grown) 10 made it to lockdown. these started in my table top and went through several temp issues but were moved to a cabinet (new) about midway.
didnt have many hatch, out of my 14 mille fleur leghorns 3 eggs hatched, i had to help one and it died later. of my 27 d'uccles I had 7 hatch. of the 12 sizzles, 3 hatched -one is an amazing silver or lavender, cant tell yet. here are some pics.

I heard a peep! Must be an internal pip? Can't see anything thing yet but I keep checking every few minutes now...

Ah... another peep just now! It's gonna be a long night! Oh, another peep!

good luck :) what are u hatching :D

Golden Campines... in a styrofoam incubator, a Hovabator. I've been really worried with reading all the bad luck stories... so I've been logging temps, humidity, marking air cells, etc. Gotta go check them again... :)

I heard a peep! Must be an internal pip? Can't see anything thing yet but I keep checking every few minutes now...

Golden Campines... in a styrofoam incubator, a Hovabator. I've been really worried with reading all the bad luck stories... so I've been logging temps, humidity, marking air cells, etc. Gotta go check them again... :)

I've done two hatches in a row and the chicks started hatching the next day after I heard them chirping. :jumpy Good luck with your hatch!

Last edited:

I had a styrofoam one 4 years ago it was my first incubator, and it was awful, I got 2 out of 15!!

Yesterday was day 7 and I finally candled the eggs, and there is definitely a chick in each egg! They were wiggling around and it was so fun to watch! The kids in my daughter's classroom loved watching. Hoping they all remain healthy!

Pipping and zipping! Awoke at 2:30 to loud cheeping. One pip and one zip. At 3:30 I realized I was up for the day and made coffee. By 4 I was peeping in and saw rocking and rolling... a few minutes later out popped a little peeper. The other is trying to hatch now and I hear faint peeping inside. Nothing from the others... yet. My roo just started crowing... wonder if he realizes he's a daddy? Gotta go and take another peep... and make more coffee. :)

Back
Top Bottom