Votes: 6 5.2%
  • 31 - 40 eggs

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 41 - 50 eggs

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • 51+

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
That's what I thought too until i bought 3 and found the brinsea line.
It's a shame that the most readily available and most used incubators are also the hardest for a beginner to use. I gave up for a year after a horrible experience with an LG. Admittedly, a lot of the problem was beginner mistakes, but the Brinsea takes away a lot of those mistakes. I saved up until I could afford one, and now hatching is fun. I know that 90% of the fertile eggs I set will hatch. My first 3 batches paid back my investment for the incubator, and my next three batches will pay for the next one. I wish some stores would at least carry one or two ECO models. That price isn't outrageous, but you can't just walk into TS and buy one

Are the rocks good, I was thinking about maybe getting an octagon 40 Eco, but I wasn't sure if they were say to use, how to u control the temp and humidity with no digital control??

Are the rocks good, I was thinking about maybe getting an octagon 40 Eco, but I wasn't sure if they were say to use, how to u control the temp and humidity with no digital control??
Temp is factory preset, but you need to double check with a trusted thermometer. Once it is correct, it never waivers. You have to measure the humidity with a hygrometer, and raising and lowering humidity is just a matter of adding water and opening and closing the valve. They are incredibly easy to use, and rock steady once set
How much are you planning on hatching, and how many do you set at one time? You could get a 20 Advance for near the same price as the 40 ECO

Last edited:
Number two took a bit longer to pop out but finally made an appearance around 7. They're peeping away at each other now... it's so cute! :D

Temp is factory preset, but you need to double check with a trusted thermometer. Once it is correct, it never waivers. You have to measure the humidity with a hygrometer, and raising and lowering humidity is just a matter of adding water and opening and closing the valve. They are incredibly easy to use, and rock steady once set
How much are you planning on hatching, and how many do you set at one time? You could get a 20 Advance for near the same price as the 40 ECO
if it's not the correct temperature, how do u change it? And I would probably set around 30-40 at a set time, but I would probably only hatch 1 time a year, but I would hatch 3 different animals (ducks chickens and geese) so I would probably use it about 3 times a year, I have borrowed the brinsea octagon 20, and it's good, so far everything is perfect, but it is just too small!

Last edited:
if it's not the correct temperature, how do u change it? And I would probably set around 30-40 at a set time, but I would probably only hatch 1 time a year, but I would hatch 3 different animals (ducks chickens and geese) so I would probably use it about 3 times a year, I have borrowed the brinsea octagon 20, and it's good, so far everything is perfect, but it is just too small!
You can bump the temperature up 0.1 degree at a time, even on the ECO model. The one you have borrowed, is it an ECO or an Advance? If you are only hatching 40/year, I would strongly suggest looking at a 20 Advance. It is so simple to use, it gives so much feedback, and the auto turn takes all work except adding water out of it. I would think running 2 worry free hatches would be just as enjoyable as one large hatch that you had to monitor more closely. I got the Advance with the cradle for $360, and don't regret spending the money one bit

You can bump the temperature up 0.1 degree at a time, even on the ECO model. The one you have borrowed, is it an ECO or an Advance? If you are only hatching 40/year, I would strongly suggest looking at a 20 Advance. It is so simple to use, it gives so much feedback, and the auto turn takes all work except adding water out of it. I would think running 2 worry free hatches would be just as enjoyable as one large hatch that you had to monitor more closely. I got the Advance with the cradle for $360, and don't regret spending the money one bit
The one I borrowed was an Eco, and I might get the advance octagon 20, because I think your right, it would probably be more enjoyable, having more hatches, than one big one :D!!

Last edited:
The one I borrowed was an Eco, and I might get the advance octagon 20, because I think your right, it would probably be more enjoyable, having more hatches, than one big one
big_smile.png
!!
I was like you, I wanted to give up after the first attempt in styrofoam. The 20 Advance makes it fun. I seriously barely look at it any more, I just load it with eggs and take out chicks 22 days later

I'm afreid I've kind of gotten behind on here....

I set 10 turkey eggs in my incubator on the 2nd and 10 d'Uccle eggs and 18 sexlink eggs on the 9th. I candled the turkey eggs and 9 of 10 are showing development.

Back
Top Bottom