• 31 - 40 eggs

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 41 - 50 eggs

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • 51+

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
X2. The full name is Belgian Bearded d'Uccle
Also helps to learn the proper pronunciation. I made an idiot of myself when I bought my first pair and asked the woman if she had any "duckels" for sale
he.gif

Had 2 still trying to hatch today on day 25, can't see this hatch ending more than above the about 50% rate it's at now, 23(-1 hatching death)/44. I can't wait to build my DIY incubator, these sytros are awful.
I need something bigger and I am torn. I recently remembered that I have a smaller fridge in the bus I could convert with one of those kits I see online, BUT I am really just considering a GQF cabinet or biting the bullet on a 1k cabinet Brinsea.

I have a Janoel and recently got 2 styrofoam ones off craigslist to just do the hatch in. What does everyone think of just hatching in a forced air styrofoam?

I have 4 days until lockdown so thoughts are really appreciated.

Lost 1 to sticking to the shell. I've never had that happen before with my turner. The rest look good!

I need something bigger and I am torn. I recently remembered that I have a smaller fridge in the bus I could convert with one of those kits I see online, BUT I am really just considering a GQF cabinet or biting the bullet on a 1k cabinet Brinsea.

I have a Janoel and recently got 2 styrofoam ones off craigslist to just do the hatch in. What does everyone think of just hatching in a forced air styrofoam?

Lost 1 to sticking to the shell. I've never had that happen before with my turner. The rest look good!
For $1000 I would love to have the large capacity, but that new Ova 100 looks so sweet...

I never had the cash at once to invest in pricier ones, so I have 3 forced air Styrofoam incubators and 1 still air Styrofoam hatcher. I absolutely would not recommend them, but it's better than nothing. I'm kind of torn on if the still air really is better for hatching (less chance of shrink wrapping chicks) because of the trade off on temperature differences around the incubator due to it's still air nature.

If you haven't been incubating them in the Styrofoam incubator, I'd honestly suggest hatching in where they are incubating now. There's too much risk there even when you think it's nailed down. Better to see if it'd hold temperatures in range well enough to get chicks to hatch than to have it cook them or chill them at hatching time.

There are some fridge conversions that looked great, I wish I had a good base with intact insulation like that - but if you think you can swing the prebuilts it sure seems like less of a headache.

doo-clay
Try being a redneck, and telling your redneck friends that those chickens are "mille fleur d'uccle". They start to worry about you

I've heard the correct pronunciation is actually ''duh-cluh'' or ''duke-cul'' (or so I've been told by people who study french and dutch
tongue.png
) I don't think It really matters that much, everyone pronounces things differently. Like speckled hen once said: ''As long as everyone knows what you mean, it's all good, right? Some names are just a bit weird''.
Check these out:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/uccle
http://www.forvo.com/word/d'uccle/

I've heard the correct pronunciation is actually ''duh-cluh'' or ''duke-cul'' (or so I've been told by people who study french and dutch
tongue.png
) I don't think It really matters that much, everyone pronounces things differently. Like speckled hen once said: ''As long as everyone knows what you mean, it's all good, right? Some names are just a bit weird''.
Check these out:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/uccle
http://www.forvo.com/word/d'uccle/
I promise you, hearing a redneck from SC say "duckle" is an experience all you guys north of the Mason Dixon should experience at least once

Edit: Just saw you were from TN. You did it too, didn't you?
lau.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom