Votes: 6 5.2%
  • 31 - 40 eggs

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 41 - 50 eggs

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • 51+

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
I promise you, hearing a redneck from SC say "duckle" is an experience all you guys north of the Mason Dixon should experience at least once

Edit: Just saw you were from TN. You did it too, didn't you?
lau.gif
gig.gif
I say ''duck-cul'' or ''duke-cluh''

This is the next type that we are hatching (after this batch). :D They are so cute!
try hatching the in OTHER colours than mille fleur! they have lots , lavender is real neat but sometimes have the 'growth lines' and thinner tails associated with the colour gene. not enough people have mottles or blacks. golden necks are also somewhat popular-but so many of these (all the patterned ones) have serious pattern defects or way too much white (even as first years) and far too many solid white feathers. warning though, roosters are a 50/50 mix of lovable chooks and crap headed idiots that flog you when you turn your back.

I need something bigger and I am torn. I recently remembered that I have a smaller fridge in the bus I could convert with one of those kits I see online, BUT I am really just considering a GQF cabinet or biting the bullet on a 1k cabinet Brinsea.

I have a Janoel and recently got 2 styrofoam ones off craigslist to just do the hatch in. What does everyone think of just hatching in a forced air styrofoam?

I have 4 days until lockdown so thoughts are really appreciated.

Lost 1 to sticking to the shell. I've never had that happen before with my turner. The rest look good!
Love the brinsea cabinet I have. I wish I had known they were coming out with a smaller one but I wanted the hatching area in the bottom. If you have the funds to splurge you won't be disappointed... However, there are major GQF lovers on here too!!!

try hatching the in OTHER colours than mille fleur! they have lots , lavender is real neat but sometimes have the 'growth lines' and thinner tails associated with the colour gene. not enough people have mottles or blacks. golden necks are also somewhat popular-but so many of these (all the patterned ones) have serious pattern defects or way too much white (even as first years) and far too many solid white feathers. warning though, roosters are a 50/50 mix of lovable chooks and crap headed idiots that flog you when you turn your back.
I got my first pair in a trade. The hen was a way overly white, and the rooster is a mix, so I will never have SQ, but he throws mille fleur and black mottled. All have entirely too much white, but are great pet quality chickens

Love the brinsea cabinet I have. I wish I had known they were coming out with a smaller one but I wanted the hatching area in the bottom. If you have the funds to splurge you won't be disappointed... However, there are major GQF lovers on here too!!!
I hear a lot of good things about the GQF. Is your Ova Easy as simple to run as the Octagons? They are throwing in the humidity pump on pre-orders of the 100. That really makes me think hard

Thanks for the tips! :)

I need something bigger and I am torn. I recently remembered that I have a smaller fridge in the bus I could convert with one of those kits I see online, BUT I am really just considering a GQF cabinet or biting the bullet on a 1k cabinet Brinsea.

I have a Janoel and recently got 2 styrofoam ones off craigslist to just do the hatch in. What does everyone think of just hatching in a forced air styrofoam?

I have 4 days until lockdown so thoughts are really appreciated.

Lost 1 to sticking to the shell. I've never had that happen before with my turner. The rest look good!
i recently got a SQF cabinet-sportsman 1502, off ebay (non auction price) for 842$-that was with shipping and 6 trays included (although doing bantams i have had to order pheasant tray ones for some of mine-their eggs slip right through). i used the paypal credit (not the credit card) option -so it is 12 months no interest. (i have the money but i need to build credit as i have no credit cards or payments on anything -as i pay cash.-stupid thing is credit scores are important not only for jobs now but also government clearance). what i like about it is the peace of mind, my tabletop had too many temp issues that not only reduce viability of eggs (and hatchlings) but also feet and beak deformities. also-the cat cant sit on top of it and mess up my eggs!

Number 3 hatched 30 minutes ago... number 4 has zipped and is resting a bit before the big push. Here's a pic of the fresh one...

Oops... number 4 is out now. :)

Back
Top Bottom