Votes: 6 5.2%
  • 31 - 40 eggs

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 41 - 50 eggs

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • 51+

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
My broody has 7/9 so far! She's teaching some how to eat while sitting on the last 2 eggs! Have seen 2 Iowa Blues, 2 Norwegian Jaerhons (1f, 1m), and 3 EE so far. Think there's 1 more EE and one more Jaer under there. Not bad for a first timer! And she's about 10 month old herself!

She's beating the pants off me! My hatches aren't going so well!!
Great job! My broodies always beat me, but at least I can go broody whenever I want to

Part of me wants to order 25 silkie pullets from somewhere so I can sit around cackling, "brood, my pretties, brood!" (evil laugh)
lau.gif

My broody has 7/9 so far! She's teaching some how to eat while sitting on the last 2 eggs! Have seen 2 Iowa Blues, 2 Norwegian Jaerhons (1f, 1m), and 3 EE so far. Think there's 1 more EE and one more Jaer under there. Not bad for a first timer! And she's about 10 month old herself!

She's beating the pants off me! My hatches aren't going so well!!

Awwe ! What a good little hen you have there! Good job!

Whew, 25 out total from hatch 2 on day 21. Officially beat hatch 1's day 25 total. Next week has some special eggs as a birthday hatch, wish me luck on it!

Last edited:
Those with staggered hatches, do you have different brooders for different age chicks? Mine are due to hatch next Friday and I'll have two 3 week olds and one 2 week old in the brooder already. Will this be ok?

I
Those with staggered hatches, do you have different brooders for different age chicks? Mine are due to hatch next Friday and I'll have two 3 week olds and one 2 week old in the brooder already. Will this be ok?
in my experience the older ones will peck the little ones a lot so I use separate brooders until they're all relatively the same size. Unless I have a single older chick. I've had that happen twice. One was a silkie and one was a serama. Both gentle breeds so I put day olds of the same breed in with them. They took them in as if they were little mommys. It was so cute. All those babies trying to crowd underneath 'mom'. Both instances the single chicks were hens though.

Back
Top Bottom