Votes: 6 5.2%
  • 31 - 40 eggs

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 41 - 50 eggs

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • 51+

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
Are any of you moving to the May HAL (Cinco de Mayo HAL)? I have Silkie/Sizzle and RIR eggs due on 5/5, turkey, lav Orps, EEs and more Silkies due on 5/10 and guineas due 5/17. I think I'm going to shut the incubator down after these are done (what I said after my last hatch).
That being said, I pulled 4 adorable Silkie/Sizzles out from under my 2 broodies today, they're so stinkin' cute!
I joined awhile ago
1f60a.png
I turned my bators off for a couple months but the hatching bug bit hard and I know I'm going to be at it for at least a few months. Ummmm if I can convince myself to put them back in storage again... :oops: Congrats on your new fuzzbutts! I have my first batch in the brooder right now

First time incubating! Our Buff Orpington Hens wouldn't sit through the night on their eggs, so now I'm doing the babysit he incubator.....We're at day 12 now with our Buff/Chocolate Orpington cross. I candled last night: of 24 eggs, 2 were infertile, 3 are dark with veins but couldn't tell if there was movement and 5 that were dark blobs. Dark blobs mean no babies? Not entirely sure. First time. 14 eggs had squirmy, wiggly little ones inside though! Hoorah!!! Looking forward to seeing the beautiful chicks.
Also, one of my hens decided she would start laying on eggs last night, any advice on whether I should place eggs under her to finish out the hatch or wait until they hatch, and slip them under her at night?

-Tiauna

Update!!
Just re candled to see if the dark blobs really were dark blobs and that my eyes weren't just tired. Looks like we turned out to have only 2 no movement and 4 of my 24 were all that haven't continued. So instead of only working with 14 eggs, now I am back up to 20!! Hoorah!

Last edited:
Are any of you moving to the May HAL (Cinco de Mayo HAL)? I have Silkie/Sizzle and RIR eggs due on 5/5, turkey, lav Orps, EEs and more Silkies due on 5/10 and guineas due 5/17. I think I'm going to shut the incubator down after these are done (what I said after my last hatch).
That being said, I pulled 4 adorable Silkie/Sizzles out from under my 2 broodies today, they're so stinkin' cute!

I am in both since I have hatches that will be hatching both months.

Can one of you confirm if I know what my correct day 18 (lock-down day is)? This is my first hatch, I started them around 11am on April 7, so I think if I read right and am calculating right, my lock-down day should be this coming Saturday, April 25, with a hatch day of Tuesday April 28. Does that sound right???

Getting nervous with my first hatch! I'm going to candle eggs again tomorrow (day 14).

3 out of 4 hatched last night!! Of course I was up at 1:30AM to watch them. Lol. I'm thinking that I have one of each since they are all slightly different colors. Blue, black, AND splash! Number 4 is pipped and rocking. Can't wait to see what it looks like.
1f603.png

Yup... This is dangerously addicting! Can't wait for my new shipment of eggs to arrive!

Back
Top Bottom