Votes: 6 5.2%
  • 31 - 40 eggs

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 41 - 50 eggs

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • 51+

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
Can one of you confirm if I know what my correct day 18 (lock-down day is)? This is my first hatch, I started them around 11am on April 7, so I think if I read right and am calculating right, my lock-down day should be this coming Saturday, April 25, with a hatch day of Tuesday April 28. Does that sound right???

Getting nervous with my first hatch! I'm going to candle eggs again tomorrow (day 14).
April 28 at 11 am will be day 21 for you. Best of luck for your hatch!!
jumpy.gif

Can one of you confirm if I know what my correct day 18 (lock-down day is)? This is my first hatch, I started them around 11am on April 7, so I think if I read right and am calculating right, my lock-down day should be this coming Saturday, April 25, with a hatch day of Tuesday April 28. Does that sound right???

Getting nervous with my first hatch! I'm going to candle eggs again tomorrow (day 14).
Yes sounds right the 25th lock down 28th hatching starts.

Last edited:
Two good pip holes when I left for work this morning. This morning is late day 20. Hopefully I will have some babies by the time I get home from work. 22 cuckoo marans made it to lockdown

Last edited:
Was about to call this current hatch off (no new pips or peeping sounds in well over a day, but when I took the eggs out to clean the incubator, someone started peeping. At least one more waiting to hatch in there.

This upcoming weekend I should have some special birthday eggs hatching, in addition to my project birds. Fingers crossed for the special eggs. That'll be the last hatch for this month, the next hatch should be the very start of May.

Thank you for the quick responses!

I can already tell this is going to be a new addiction!
I have some mix ones so it should be like a box of chocolates in regards to what I will get and what they will look like.I can stop when ever I want to
lau.gif

I started off with way to many after buying 2 incubators at a small animal auction. Not counting all the eggs I keep adding and I finished off all the breeds I wanted today by ordering 5 st run Speackled Sussex,5 birchen Iowa blues and 15 mixed white egg layers.
So as long as my ones that I had shipped hatch I wont have to buy any more.
fl.gif

There are no more breed or colors I want. But I will keep hatching my eggs

Last edited:
anyone ever given bantam eggs to large hens? i am worried she may step on them but have uk blood chocolate orpington that has decided to go broody and have more than i need in bantam eggs.

Back
Top Bottom