• 31 - 40 eggs

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 41 - 50 eggs

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • 51+

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
Lockdown today!

I decided I would candle to be sure there were no quitters. On the third egg I witnessed one trying to pip internally so I quickly shut it down. That was a first for me.

Anyone ever see that?

Yep! Internal pip isn't a real hazard, it's the external pip that releases moisture. I do try not to handle the eggs after I've spotted an internal pip, though, so I concur with your decision. It sounds like yours are running a bit early, though.

Thanks for all the cleaning tips. I wash my incubator out with hot soapy water and vinegar, and than let it sit in the sun for a day or two. Still, they're always some black spots that I can't get clean.

anyone ever given bantam eggs to large hens? i am worried she may step on them but have uk blood chocolate orpington that has decided to go broody and have more than i need in bantam eggs.

I've had full size hens hatch off bantam eggs before with out any issues.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Yep! Internal pip isn't a real hazard, it's the external pip that releases moisture. I do try not to handle the eggs after I've spotted an internal pip, though, so I concur with your decision. It sounds like yours are running a bit early, though.
It appears I calculated wrong! I admit I should have kept better notes. I have so many hatches going I am designing an external card system for the brooders and bators because it's getting a little hairy around here! Still it's towards the end of day 19. I heard a peep...

I'm pretty sure I have Incubator Anxiety! We must have had a power flash/outage because there is a P flashing on my display. It is still on track with the number count so I am counting that as a good sign. I plan to candle tomorrow and hoping that the power was not out long enough to affect the eggs!

Oh the suspense!!!

I'm pretty sure I have Incubator Anxiety! We must have had a power flash/outage because there is a P flashing on my display. It is still on track with the number count so I am counting that as a good sign. I plan to candle tomorrow and hoping that the power was not out long enough to affect the eggs!

Oh the suspense!!!
I use the cool down feature on my incubators...so they cool each day. It's supposed to strengthen the chick. I will be crossing my fingers for you!!!

Okay...so,i am kinda stuck. i am at the end of day 21. The mini has run out of water & there is still some condensation at the edge. I gave it a steam bath to try and retain moisture...I have four pips right now & no hatchers....

To add water or let her go & keep steaming...UGGH ??????

Any Veteran Mini user's want to weigh in here...

Back
Top Bottom