Votes: 6 5.2%
  • 31 - 40 eggs

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 41 - 50 eggs

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • 51+

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
#4 FINALLY hatched (19 hrs after pipping)!! And on top of that it looks like it will be a blue! Woohoo! So excited that all 4 made it.
1f600.png

Congrats to everyone else on their hatches! I know I will have to join the May HAL as soon as my new eggs get here. Did I mention this is addicting? Lol!

7 turkeys, three pips and one pip and drown(not positioned right) leaving 2 not doing anything. Hatch already chicks! The names so far are butterball, trader joe, Perdue, Tyson, and Kroger.

I just moved the dry babies to the brooder and here they are

April Hatch - A - Long:

Of 43 shipped turkey eggs, 38 were viable, 24 are going into lockdown for a scheduled hatch on Saturday.

As soon as those hatch, of 25 shipped/21 viable, 19 are going into lockdown for a scheduled hatch on Wednesday.

The rest roll into the May Hatch - A - Long...

That lone late peeper is out - zipped but got dried out-stuck while I was at work. After popping the top half of the shell off he was nearly poofed up and clean (no glued on membrane). Going to let him learn how to walk overnight and check for any other late bloomers, but I think the hatch is over with about 30/45 eggs.

Next lockdown in 2 days. Hatch temp is a touch low so not expecting an early hatch. Second brooder is ready to go for it.

Getting closer

The last days are the longest

Set day: 3rd and 7th April

Hatch day: 24th and 28th April

My free range hen mix (cochin Bantam mix - Easter egger - welsummer) Cant wait to see what hatches from this blue/grey hen I bought at the sale last year. She hangs out with black cochin bantam rooster and lays huge eggs for her size.

Barnyard Mix (unkown bought at auction green ,brown and white eggs in mix)

Marans mix (Black Copper Marans over Black Copper and Blue Copper Marans and Marans mixes)

Cream Legbar male (blue egg gene) is covering Silver Spangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben

Last edited:
7 turkeys, three pips and one pip and drown(not positioned right) leaving 2 not doing anything. Hatch already chicks! The names so far are butterball, trader joe, Perdue, Tyson, and Kroger.

I just moved the dry babies to the brooder and here they are
Great names! Congrats on your hatch!

Okay...so,i am kinda stuck. i am at the end of day 21. The mini has run out of water & there is still some condensation at the edge. I gave it a steam bath to try and retain moisture...I have four pips right now & no hatchers....

To add water or let her go & keep steaming...UGGH ??????

Any Veteran Mini user's want to weigh in here...

Well, I used a steam bath and quickly added water at 99 degrees to the water cup. Musta done okay because my first guy was breaking out at 11:30 pm. There were four others with pips. Looks like there are four or five out when i got up this morning. Too much condensation to tell. The last one that hasn't done anything was the one I just stuck in the incubator on monday after it was laid. Should pop out tonight if it follows the same.

i guess the little brinsea mini is boyfriend proof...

Yesterday was day 21. 22 cuckoo marans made it to lockdown. Came home to 4 and a lot of pips. By the time I went to bed we had 8

Woke up this morning to an incubator full. Not sure how many, but looked like 4 or 5 eggs left, at least 3 with pips

I will let them cheer the stragglers on, then get them in the brooder for a final tally when I get home tonight.
These must be Hulk chicks. They get about 1/3 zipped, then kung fu their ways out
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom