Votes: 6 5.2%
  • 31 - 40 eggs

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 41 - 50 eggs

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • 51+

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
Yesterday was day 21. 22 cuckoo marans made it to lockdown. Came home to 4 and a lot of pips. By the time I went to bed we had 8

Woke up this morning to an incubator full. Not sure how many, but looked like 4 or 5 eggs left, at least 3 with pips

I will let them cheer the stragglers on, then get them in the brooder for a final tally when I get home tonight.
These must be Hulk chicks. They get about 1/3 zipped, then kung fu their ways out
big_smile.png

jumpy.gif

Congrats on the hatches! The cuckoo marans are adorable!

So you know my lone straggler peeper? I woke up and not only did he get out, a friend pipped, zipped, and dried off overnight. Reseting the 24 hour countdown to cleanout the incubator; we're approaching day 25 and it was an early hatch so I doubt there will be any more.

Split out my chicks into the brooder I was reserving for this week's hatch, so I'm going to need to find another brooder. Whoops.

Not exactly a HAL 'hatch' but I found a barn cat had babies so I caught her and brought them all in. Can't wait to get them all spayed/neutered. More babies than I know what to do with here!

Not exactly a HAL 'hatch' but I found a barn cat had babies so I caught her and brought them all in.  Can't wait to get them all spayed/neutered.  More babies than I know what to do with here!

Love hearing stories about spaying and neutering!! I'm a big proponent of the practice and I applaud you for doing this for mama and the babies. :highfive:

Love hearing stories about spaying and neutering!! I'm a big proponent of the practice and I applaud you for doing this for mama and the babies.
highfive.gif

I was traveling in rural Michigan one day and stopped at a roadside egg stand to talk to the owners. Everywhere I looked were kittens and cats of all ages. They offered me one...a dozen...all...free. I declined. I asked why they had so many, they said they just keep having kittens. I suggested they get them spayed..."but that's cruel!"

Last edited:
I was traveling in rural Michigan one day and stopped at a roadside egg stand to talk to the owners. Everywhere I looked were kittens and cats of all ages. They offered me one...a dozen...all...free. I declined. I asked why they had so many, they said they just keep having kittens. I suggested they get them spayed..."but that's cruel!"

I can see where it'd spiral out of control like that, it's my fear with this barn cat population. Or worse, not having that problem because of the coyotes.
sad.png

Bad news, the duck that popped, died this morning, he shrink wrapped
1f622.png
but one of my chicks hatched, and out of the other 8 4 are trying to internal pip and I think the other 4 have died :/

Someone told me I should have missed my eggs I had 2 that passed away while trying to hatch. When do u mist them? I am starting to get eggs today to incubate this weekend

Waterfowl eggs are incubated and hatched differently than upland fowl eggs. I don't know what you are trying to hatch, but whatever the species, there is info on this site!

2 out laready! 3 Pips

I'm too sick to sit and watch today...
sad.png

I just keep popping by and checking progress.

WalnutHill: You know what's cruel? Watching them all suffer and die from starvation. I don't understand some folks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom