Votes: 6 5.2%
  • 31 - 40 eggs

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 41 - 50 eggs

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • 51+

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
One is refusing to be part of the group photo. Hope it's not a too!

5 more hatched today! Even the one i was worried about. We did lose a different one who pipped on the side and resealed. Last two pipped and rocking.

Yesterday was day 16 for me, and when I opened the incubator to add some more water to my water well, I could see 3 of the eggs move...it was a very slight movement, but they definitely moved.

Does this mean I am closer to hatch than I thought? I don't want to do something wrong and compromise my hatch. Is it normal to see the egg move at day 16???

Here are three more
The black one by its self is one of the broody eggs ee hen - roo is a orp mix, he looks birchen.

The white one either came from the white mystery swap eggs or it is one of the Legbar/Spitzhauben.I marked them then forgot who was who.With those poofy cheeks I am thinking it is a white leghorn/ee mix as some eggs in the carton where green.

The one next to the yellow chick has a red face but is breathing funny so going to watch that one.unkown chick

I discovered my first pip this morning on day 19!
I was very surprised and unprepared. My brinsea mini advanced had just stopped auto turning during the night and I hadn't even had time to remove the egg tray, add water (was dry hatching up until lockdown), candle, mark air space and weigh!
I quickly added water to the resevoir and a wet sponge to up the humidity quickly before I left for work this morning.

I hate to think of the little guy in the egg getting shrink wrapped. Hope I caught it in time!

Congrats on the hatches... love all the cute pics!! And of course, good luck to the rest!

So I tried to slip in a couple chicks when broody mama got off the nest. She eyed them and me with a suspicious look... they tried to snuggle under her twice but she jumped up and clucked at them, and me, both times. Guess she wasn't fooled... I think it might've worked if she was further along. Oh well... six of her eggs are in the incubator and I'll do some switching after candling. Thanks for the suggestions.

Guess I'll be joining the May HAL now.... :weee

Congrats on the hatches... love all the cute pics!! And of course, good luck to the rest!

So I tried to slip in a couple chicks when broody mama got off the nest. She eyed them and me with a suspicious look... they tried to snuggle under her twice but she jumped up and clucked at them, and me, both times. Guess she wasn't fooled... I think it might've worked if she was further along. Oh well... six of her eggs are in the incubator and I'll do some switching after candling. Thanks for the suggestions.

Guess I'll be joining the May HAL now....
wee.gif
I had luck waiting at night and sticking them under her.

joining late, but I have chicks that should hatch mon/tues! We set 28, and removed 7 that were infertile and had one quit at day 11. today is lockdown, when I get out of work!! I am pretty excited! This is a test batch in the cooler bator my hubby made for me! we used my dads foam ones last year..but i wanted my own. I cant wait to see what we get... I have a BLRW roo and 3 hens, a cream legbar pair, a trio of jubilee orps, a splash orp, 2 silkie hens, and a couple BA and a leghorn hen!!

Back
Top Bottom