Votes: 6 5.2%
  • 31 - 40 eggs

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 41 - 50 eggs

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • 51+

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
I missed all the action. Had 7 hatch during the night and 4 while I was at work. Think the next time i do this i'll definitely plan hatch week for when school is out so i can be home and stay up late!

Not my best hatch rate ever, but with 20 new chick's I'm happy! 36 eggs, 35 fertile, 6 quitters and the rest died during pip/zipping :/ but we have 20 healthy little ones and 30 guinea eggs going in!

I was given 12 fertile brown eggs dont know what breed but I've had them in the incubator. They were layed on April 12 but I received them on the 14th. I've had to build my own incubator which has 3 shelves which if I add dowels to separate eggs I can hatch a total of 36 eggs or more.its not very big if your interested let me know and I can take measurements. I met a local lady who sells eggs and since then I've been fascinated with chicken and ducks. She gave me four eggs but only one was fertile but it didn't make it I didn't have the incubator I have now. I have six chickens and two ducks one is about 3 weeks and the other one is 2 weeks..

Started with 24 eggs, candled down to 22 fertile, recandled just now for the last time before lockdown tomorrow afternoon. Looks like I have about 5 quitters of the 22, keeping them in as a just in case. So excited. Can't wait to see these cute chicks!

Awwe...Very cool! Can't wait to see pics in a few weeks!!!

Here are my co-broodies right after hatch earlier this month. They are both doing well. I need to get some new pics but now they are fast and won't be still.
I was given 12 fertile brown eggs dont know what breed but I've had them in the incubator. They were layed on April 12 but I received them on the 14th. I've had to build my own incubator which has 3 shelves which if I add dowels to separate eggs I can hatch a total of 36 eggs or more.its not very big if your interested let me know and I can take measurements. I met a local lady who sells eggs and since then I've been fascinated with chicken and ducks. She gave me four eggs but only one was fertile but it didn't make it I didn't have the incubator I have now. I have six chickens and two ducks one is about 3 weeks and the other one is 2 weeks..
Welcome to BYC!

what do you mean by lock down?

That is a good link for lockdown info. but the short version is generally on day 19 you take out turners from the incubator, increase the humidity, and try not to open the lid until after the buggers are fluffy. I.E. lock it down and keep out.
big_smile.png

RE: My current broody, I am not separating from the flock. She has a nest box that she is sticking too. The only current issue is the duck also likes this box and is laying in with my broody which doesn't bother her as it is a large box, however, the duck has been "borrowing" at least one egg from the broody when she lays. I am hoping I am finding them soon enough and they aren't cooling down too much once the duck get out of the box. I'm going to add some hay to the other side of the box today in the hopes of discouraging the duck from laying there. Hopefully she will move to another box.

I have Phoenix, Dorking X, Houdan X, Cochin X, Favorelle X eggs set under her from my flock. She is sitting a total of 11 eggs. Today is day 8 so I plan on candling tonight to check on development.

Had 3 of my 6 easter Egger mixes hatch overnight. The remaining 3 have pipped and look good!

The solid colored chick is a EE / buff brahma mix....(s)he has feathered legs. :)

Back
Top Bottom