Votes: 6 5.2%
  • 31 - 40 eggs

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 41 - 50 eggs

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • 51+

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
I'm sorry I have been out. The granddaughters were here for a week. Put the eggs in lockdown last night. Temperature is at 100, and humidity 60 percent. Looks good. Today I will get the brooder ready. I have 30 eggs in but honestly am not confident in all of them. I have some really dark BCM and green egg EE EGGS that I can't see anything but the air cell. Here's to some hatching. Fingers crossed

Tomorrow is day 21 of my Brahma broody hatch! Her two half-sisters at the neighbours hatched 18 eggs last week and I used the eggs of the same parents as well. I'm so excited.
She does not leave the nest any longer, refuses water and food, only growls when I say "good morning!".

I took some pics of the other two:

My friend and neighbour put a blue string on one of the wings of the left chicken, to tell the difference. They sure look like twins. The chicks don't mind and cannot tell the difference either.

Tomorrow it will be my turn hopefully.

Tomorrow is day 21 of my Brahma broody hatch! Her two half-sisters at the neighbours hatched 18 eggs last week and I used the eggs of the same parents as well. I'm so excited.
She does not leave the nest any longer, refuses water and food, only growls when I say "good morning!".

I took some pics of the other two:

My friend and neighbour put a blue string on one of the wings of the left chicken, to tell the difference. They sure look like twins. The chicks don't mind and cannot tell the difference either.

Tomorrow it will be my turn hopefully.
clap.gif
fl.gif

I locked down my eggs today, but now I'm worried I did it a day early. I've gotten myself very confused on counting. I thought I was supposed to lockdown on day 18, but I'm reading day 19 in some places.

Hopefully my eggs will be fine! I candled before lockdown and they all had nice big air cells except for one - which has been in question all along. The air cell was larger but not as large as the others.

I'm so eager for hatching to begin I can hardly contain myself!

I think that depends on alot of factors, as to when one would lock down. But I think 17 days will probbably be better than 19 since they are getting into position Before they hatch so if you were to move them while they were getting into position that would disturb them more. Best of luck on your hatch :)

Omgoodness. I have wiggling eggs and have a heard a few cheeps. This is only day nineteen, but I haven't got anything done because I have been watching the bator. I'm like a kid on Christmas eve!!!! I hope to have a successful hatch all the way through.

I locked down my eggs today, but now I'm worried I did it a day early. I've gotten myself very confused on counting. I thought I was supposed to lockdown on day 18, but I'm reading day 19 in some places.

Hopefully my eggs will be fine! I candled before lockdown and they all had nice big air cells except for one - which has been in question all along. The air cell was larger but not as large as the others.

I'm so eager for hatching to begin I can hardly contain myself!
I am too.

Back
Top Bottom