Votes: 6 5.2%
  • 31 - 40 eggs

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 41 - 50 eggs

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • 51+

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
I warmed them up ,some are still moving.You want to know what is sad I was crying as I candled. Crying over stupid eggs. I really had my heart set on these and had saved a little out of each paycheck to get them.I have money saved but its for a new fridge as the other one is 20 years old and sucking electricity like crazy.So no new eggs till next year.

Anyone else get to attached to eggs?
Guess I need to put my big girl pants on suck it up and move forward.I will hold on to the fact that some are still moving.The ones getting ready to hatch seem to be ok,can't see inside the dark egg layer (marans mix colors) eggs.
[/Quite] I would have cried too. Please keep us posted. I get attached to all my chickens and now the 30 eggs in the incubator. I was trying to be practical, "oh put 40 in there and maybe a couple will survive" once you see them move and you saved your hard earned money you are attached. I'm rooting for you!!

I warmed them up ,some are still moving.You want to know what is sad I was crying as I candled. Crying over stupid eggs. I really had my heart set on these and had saved a little out of each paycheck to get them.I have money saved but its for a new fridge as the other one is 20 years old and sucking electricity like crazy.So no new eggs till next year.

Anyone else get to attached to eggs?
Guess I need to put my big girl pants on suck it up and move forward.I will hold on to the fact that some are still moving.The ones getting ready to hatch seem to be ok,can't see inside the dark egg layer (marans mix colors) eggs.
I had something very similar happen. Although I have no idea how long the heat was off but they were all stone cold when I figured it out. My little silkie eggs took a beating from it but I only had to remove 2 of my standards (which may have quit for other reasons) and they're still going strong. So don't give up! I'm crossing my fingers for you.

I was candling the incubator with the May hatches and sadly dumping eggs in the trash (blood rings ,no veins and a none moving)Saved some and some had question marks.No hope for the SS ,left 2 with ? marks on them.We shall see ,huge huge air cells wonder how old those egg where when they shipped them.

Thought I would check the ones expected to hatch tomorrow.
3 white blue egg layer ones look readt to peep and look what else I found,he was a little glued by some sticky foamy type stuff, so was unsticking him and a little more shell pooped off.I added little more water.

wee.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

Last edited:
The eggs of my black Brahma all turned out bad. I don't know why. Probably in the beginning of the hatch something stopped them or infected them. I don't know. They looked ok to me, though.

I'll give her another try tomorrow with a fresh nest, fresh eggs and a fresh start. It is possible to let her hatch for 6 weeks, poor darling. She is so frightfully broody.

She ate some pancake and drank some water. Poor little ms Black. Oh, life!

The eggs of my black Brahma all turned out bad. I don't know why. Probably in the beginning of the hatch something stopped them or infected them. I don't know. They looked ok to me, though.

I'll give her another try tomorrow with a fresh nest, fresh eggs and a fresh start. It is possible to let her hatch for 6 weeks, poor darling. She is so frightfully broody.

She ate some pancake and drank some water. Poor little ms Black. Oh, life!
Sorry to hear that.
You could try finding some just hatched chicks to stick under her at night.

Big chick pics... they are 11 and 12 days old today!

This is probably a girl... long tail and wing feathers, plus she's really sweet and calm.

And this is probably a boy... no tail, short wing feathers, a pinkish comb, and he's a little trouble-maker already.

They had scrambled eggs for the first time yesterday, and they had a feeding frenzy! They also got a pearch and now love to dive-bomb each other. Home-hatched chicks are so much happier, healthier, and friendlier than store bought... they amaze me daily!

Today is lock down using a hova- bator 1602N incubator. Candled eggs but hard to see Blk Copper Maran eggs so we shall see.? only time will tell.

fl.gif

Day 22 of this hatch, 6 chicks out total and only one of the special eggs (of 18). I'm worried about the rest of the hatch since the incubator read 102 when I went to check (so I removed dried chicks and let the heat out while dropping the thermostat. Then had to drop it again to get it to stay down under 101. Looks like it settled on 98 degrees, but not sure if the remaining eggs were cooked or not.

Day 22 of this hatch, 6 chicks out total and only one of the special eggs (of 18). I'm worried about the rest of the hatch since the incubator read 102 when I went to check (so I removed dried chicks and let the heat out while dropping the thermostat. Then had to drop it again to get it to stay down under 101. Looks like it settled on 98 degrees, but not sure if the remaining eggs were cooked or not.
102 will not cook them, their moms body heat is higher than that, worry if it gets to 105-107, your should be fine. how long they spend at the higher temps may make a difference on development if a critical protein is denatured.

Back
Top Bottom