Votes: 6 5.2%
  • 31 - 40 eggs

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 41 - 50 eggs

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • 51+

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
I thought the kill point lowered to 102 in forced air incubators? Is that not the case?

My Temps were steady the whole incubation except hatch. I was seeing 100 to 102 the whole time. I just figured it was the added humidy and the chicks working their little butts off to get out. I wouldn't open it anymore if you don't have to. Letting the humidity out would be worse than it being too warm. jmo. Congrats on the hatch tho! It's exciting and nerve wrecking! I'm lucky and most of mine came while we were sleeping!

Woke up to these three. One had just kicked off the shell. Two more pipped.

I can hardly handle the excitement. All 6 of my eggs have little cracks (I'm assuming the first pips!). How many hours does it take them to start unzipping typically?

We are doing this in my daughter's classroom as a project, and I really hope some of them will hatch during school hours so the kids can see.

My eggs have been in lockdown for 2 says now, and I haven't seen any movement, heard any peeping, or any signs of life........ When should I start being concerned? I am on day 20 now.... I placed the eggs the afternoon of April 7th. And placed them in lockdown the afternoon of the 25th. I placed 24, 2 ended up not fertile, and 5 are questions, but all the rest were wiggly little babies the night of the 24th.
My temp stayed consistently at 99 through the first 18 days, except for twice when I had to babysit it so it wouldn't cook the eggs. Yesterday the temp dropped to 97, so I tried to raise it. It went up and I had to open it to let it cool down when it got to hot! Now it won't go back to 99, it's staying at 100.... And the humidity can't decide where to be either,.... It has fluctuated between 82-56 the last two days.....

Last edited:
Oh my! My first baby is out!!!

Took her about an hour from pip to unzip and now out! (I'm calling her a "her" because I have high hopes for hens!)

This little one is a cross between a Dominique rooster and an Ameraucana hen. :)

Chick pics to come! Soon I hope!

Cuckoo Silkies due to hatch tomorrow - one hatched last night, three more this morning, one more has pipped. There is a crazy storm going on right now, I pray that the power doesn't go out!

I can hardly handle the excitement.  All 6 of my eggs have little cracks (I'm assuming the first pips!).  How many hours does it take them to start unzipping typically? 

We are doing this in my daughter's classroom as a project, and I really hope some of them will hatch during school hours so the kids can see.

there is no typical! Lol. My first 4 pipped and didn't hatch for 30 hours. Then there were a few that were about 12 hours and the last 3 weren't pip at 11 last night... but they were out at 7 am!

Back
Top Bottom