Votes: 6 5.2%
  • 31 - 40 eggs

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 41 - 50 eggs

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • 51+

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
I know what you mean! In dying!!!!! I've been in lockdown since Saturday afternoon. And the temp dropped and then spiked.... And I made the mistake of opening the lid to drop he hear from 102 so it wouldn't keep rising but lost humidity. Now the humidity is ALLLLLLLL over the place and my temp is at 100.
are you using an LG to hatch too? I'm sorry you're having issues too! It sucks! My half zipped chick hasn't made any progress in well over 24 hours so I think if everything is the same by tonight that I'm going to steam the bathroom up really good and assist and candle. I'm PRAYING that all the eggs are still okay. The lady I'm hatching for has been texting me nonstop to see if they've hatched yet. I've hatched for her before and I really don't want to have to tell her that she's been waiting 3 weeks for nothing!

are you using an LG to hatch too? I'm sorry you're having issues too! It sucks! My half zipped chick hasn't made any progress in well over 24 hours so I think if everything is the same by tonight that I'm going to steam the bathroom up really good and assist and candle. I'm PRAYING that all the eggs are still okay. The lady I'm hatching for has been texting me nonstop to see if they've hatched yet. I've hatched for her before and I really don't want to have to tell her that she's been waiting 3 weeks for nothing!

I'm using the farm innovations 4200, I think get are almost identical, just different brand. I think I heard an egg moving. But, I'm not sure. We are just hatching for ourselves, I guess I'm not at a total loss if none of my 22 eggs hatch.... Because one of my hens decided to start laying on eggs when I candled at day 11. So hopefully her egg will hatch if the ones I'm incubating don't. But, I really hope that is not the case. I put a lot of time into this whole incubation period. I hope some of your eggs hatch.

I'm a little confused, one of my brown eggs (dominique/rhode island red cross) hatched black, and the other hatched yellow!

Last edited:
I'm a little confused, one of my brown eggs (dominique/rhode island red cross) hatched black, and the other hatched yellow! 
I've read that a red/gold roo over a barred hen will produce sex links. Just a thought. I remember reading it awhile ago when I was trying to find out if rir were sex links.

6/6 hatched! Awesome for my first time hatching. Took all the shells out but left babies in incubator for tonight. Will move them to brooder in the morning. Hopefully that is ok?

I've read that a red/gold roo over a barred hen will produce sex links. Just a thought. I remember reading it awhile ago when I was trying to find out if rir were sex links.

I wondered if I would be able to tell since I have a barred rooster and RIR hen... I also have the barred rooster and Easter Egger hen mixes. 2 of the Dom/RIR's hatched a golden yellow, 1 hatched black. All 3 of the Dom/EE's hatched black with yellow bellies and yellow accents around face/head.

I wondered if I would be able to tell since I have a barred rooster and RIR hen... I also have the barred rooster and Easter Egger hen mixes. 2 of the Dom/RIR's hatched a golden yellow, 1 hatched black. All 3 of the Dom/EE's hatched black with yellow bellies and yellow accents around face/head.
I don't think it works if the roo is barred. Don't quote me on that though. Definitely worth a few search engine punches
1f60a.png

I only had 3 hatch out of about 14
he.gif
Can't remember how many I actually set, but under 15.
My little girl got a hold of the temp. knob a few times throughout, & turned it way down.
That in combination with the fact that the eggs were at least 7-9 days old before they were set is what leads me to seeing why there were only 3 that hatched.
Others, except one who internally pipped & couldn't make it out, stopped developing before lockdown (the time during the drastic temp fluctuations).
I really need my own "hatching/brooding building" when we move to keep out curious tiny people
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom