Votes: 6 5.2%
  • 31 - 40 eggs

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 41 - 50 eggs

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • 51+

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
sweet!! are those blue eggs!? i had a couple of cream legbars!
do ha ve a cream legbar but those eggs were clear. The blue eggs are my EE. I some BCM, Buff Orpington, Welsummer, that one hatched this morning. Red star, SLW, and 3 white leghorn in there. I have had two EE, one BO, one Welsummer and two BCM, hatch. I had a barred rock pip but didn't make it. I have two more in there. Congratulations on your fuzzy butts.

I have a pip! I think it's on the wrong side though. I keep telling myself not to get excited. Because, I think I may only get 1/22

The two Cream Legbar/Spitzhauben (blue egg layer) had piped and died while I was sleeping last night.
hit.gif
I knew I should have stayed awake and helped them out.
he.gif

Stinks when you have your dream flock in your grasp and to slowly watch that die is very very sad.

My chocolate bantam orp eggs are hanging in there as are my lavender orp eggs.

I don't think it works if the roo is barred. Don't quote me on that though. Definitely worth a few search engine punches
1f60a.png

I think what I read before led me to believe it only worked if the hen is a barred breed. So far, I cannot distinguish anything apart from them, aside from two being yellow and 4 are black with yellow accents. In my super positive thinking, I am calling them all "SHE" for now! :)

Last edited:
I think what I read before led me to believe it only worked if the hen is a barred breed.  So far, I cannot distinguish anything apart from them, aside from two being yellow and 4 are black with yellow accents.   In my super positive thinking, I am calling them all "SHE" for now! :)
I think when they feather a bit only the males (?) will be barred. I don't remember for sure. I'm going to have to look it up out of curiosity! When I was looking up the rir sexing I wasn't told that the roo was an EE and have no idea if that cross can be sexed by coloring. Not that it's relevant.

Anyway, I like your positive thinking! I do the same thing. I have silkies though and it's definitely just wishful thinking on my part until they're much older
1f60a.png

I have a pip! I think it's on the wrong side though. I keep telling myself not to get excited. Because, I think I may only get 1/22
I was just going to ask how you were faring when I ran across this post. Congrats! At least it won't be a total wash. :) I had to help the chick that wasn't making progress. He/she got their wing glued to their head so it couldn't move its beak to zip the rest of the way. I did have a duckling hatch unexpectedly. I candled a few others and have no idea if they were alive or not. They hadn't pipped and I couldn't see movement. I did see some receding veining that looked nice and red still. I'm not sure if that means anything though! Ahhhh!

here are a sample of my april hatchlings, duccle ones at least (i also have silkies and speckled sussex) more are due in 2 days. what gets me is i still have a few 'sticky chicks' although i switched to a sportsman cabinet!
i am getting a colour variant from my TRUE d'uccle to d'uccle breeding-splashes!

To all of you out there, who have sent me LOADS of PM's wanting to join im sorry for not repling!!! I have kinda had to leave BYC!!! Sorry guys!! Yoiu can now just join the HAL unlkess someone ofers to take over :(

Back
Top Bottom