Votes: 6 5.2%
  • 31 - 40 eggs

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 41 - 50 eggs

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • 51+

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
I was just going to ask how you were faring when I ran across this post. Congrats! At least it won't be a total wash. :) I had to help the chick that wasn't making progress. He/she got their wing glued to their head so it couldn't move its beak to zip the rest of the way. I did have a duckling hatch unexpectedly. I candled a few others and have no idea if they were alive or not. They hadn't pipped and I couldn't see movement. I did see some receding veining that looked nice and red still. I'm not sure if that means anything though! Ahhhh!

When do I intervene is the question???? 'She' has popped the little shell off, since this morning at 3, but I'm not sure when I should help. Or just let nature take it's course...

When do I intervene is the question???? 'She' has popped the little shell off, since this morning at 3, but I'm not sure when I should help. Or just let nature take it's course...
i would leave it for a while longer. some of mine took almost 30 hours from first pip to hatch. i would give it at least a full day. Good Luck! the wait and restraint is tough!

Day 20 nothing yet ...

he.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom