Votes: 6 5.2%
  • 31 - 40 eggs

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 41 - 50 eggs

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • 51+

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
Hi was wondering if you might have opened the incubator?

I did this morning t ok remove all the chicks but a couple. But I had one die yesterday before I even opened it for the same reason. But I have to say I have this great friend who tested me some advice and we saved the baby!!! I can't believe it.

I did this morning t ok remove all the chicks but a couple. But I had one die yesterday before I even opened it for the same reason. But I have to say I have this great friend who tested me some advice and we saved the baby!!! I can't believe it.

What's the advice? I might need help too!

three are showing egg movement this evening
ya.gif

What's the advice? I might need help too!
set the egg on a wet towel, put a damp paper towel over the top. Let it get moist. It was like 5 minutes. Then slowly pick the shell off as you spray warm water on the egg and membrane to soften it. Then once baby is loose enough and can kick off the shell. Return to incubator and let them kick it off. It was amazing! Good luck.

Lockdown is over for this last batch. The bad temps got the best of the eggs. 1 khaki Campbell and 1 GLW hatched.
1f614.png

My brinsea should be here today. I'm hoping. I have another batch due for lockdown tomorrow night. I have a silkie batch, 12 eggs, in my other styro bator in lockdown right now. 3 of those looked iffy but they went in anyway. Temp and humidity are holding great.

Woke up to this baby, one of the eggs that hadn't pipped yesterday.... Should I take those ones out now, they don't look like they've made any progress since yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom