Votes: 6 5.2%
  • 31 - 40 eggs

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 41 - 50 eggs

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • 51+

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
I have had 4 chicks hatch today, and can not get any chick food until tomorrow around noon. Is there anything else I can feed the chicks or will they be alright!

I have had 4 chicks hatch today, and can not get any chick food until tomorrow around noon. Is there anything else I can feed the chicks or will they be alright!
They will be fine. The yolk sac they absorbed will sustain them for 3 days. :)

Here are the final numbers for this latest batch:

18 Sexlink eggs set, 3 clears, 8 hatched. (Another one pipped but didn't make it)
10 d'Uccle eggs set, 1 clear, 5 hatched.
12 turkey eggs set, 1 clear, 3 quite some time in the first week, 0 hatched.

So less than a 50% hatch.
hmm.png
I'm not sure why I'm getting such lousy hatches, since the temperature was fairly stable and the humidity was good.
It's not a problem with the eggs, since my broody hens had almost 100% hatches. I'm thinking I may get rid of my styrofoam incubator, and build a coolerbator.

I have chick that hatched earlier this morning and it can not keep its balance and just almost rolls around. Is there anything I can do to help this little chick?

[COLOR=333333]I have chick that hatched earlier this morning and it can not keep its balance and just almost rolls around.  Is there anything I can do to help this little chick?[/COLOR]

You might try giving it some vitamins. You cen pic up polyvitasol liquid vitamins in the children's department of the pharmacy. Just place a drop or two on the side of its beak so it rolls into its mouth and you see it drink. You can also try adding electrolites to the water but if it is too wobbly to drink on its own that won't help.

Good luck. Unfortunately, sometimes you just have to cull. :(

Well after the April hatch failure .. I am going again setting six blue cochin eggs tonight bred her to my partridge cochin rooster,, I am candling and weighing this time and keeping tight records. look like the bator is running good its been in warm up for over 24 now I am just watching temperature variations.. fingers crossed I am in ful gardening mode so my hand will have plenty to do to I do not stress too much.. LOL..
wee.gif
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom