APRIL Hatch a long ......Anyone?

@Joshua G Those are adorable chicks!
My incubator is in my classroom, and it was hard to leave my eggs today even though nothing is happening that I can see yet. I'm really excited to see what happens over the next few days.

Here are the new chicks!
Sorry that some aren't the best quality pictures but I've determined that chicks don't like to have their pictures taken.
I just blame it on the camera. :)
[COLOR=005CB1] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=005CB1] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=005CB1] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=005CB1] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=005CB1] [/COLOR]
Here's one of the bearded ones.
I have never had a bearded chick before so this is pretty neat.
[COLOR=005CB1] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=005CB1] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=005CB1] [/COLOR]
Our favorite "little blue" (even though he's gray)
[COLOR=005CB1] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=005CB1] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=005CB1] [/COLOR]
I think this one is different because of it's face.

[COLOR=005CB1] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=005CB1] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=005CB1] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=005CB1] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=005CB1] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=005CB1] [/COLOR]
Are these Barnyard Mixes? :)

Thank you. I just finished candling them all. I'm so excited. Here are the results. Keep in mind that some of the goose and duck eggs were several weeks old and not stored properly(about a dozen of the goose and two dozen of the duck)

Goose: nine with growing goslings, 7 duds
Duck: twenty one growing ducklings, twelve duds
Serama: four growing chicks, one iffy guy
Mutt chickens: one growing chick, one egg that looks like mars

Also, when candling one of the goose eggs I noticed some large cracks in the shell that had not broken through the membrane. It is one of the ones that is growing. Should it be okay if I leave it alone?
And as a final note I have a broody goose and her babies are going to be hatching tomorrow or the day after. I'm so excited!

Here I go again, lord help me. My silkie went broody roughly 3 days ago so today we moved her into her private quarters. She didn't like it but she's on her eggs and gettin to it. I placed 8/9 eggs under her (one broke during transport) so cross our fingers we get a good hatch. They're a mix of silkies and frizzles. So maybe I'll get a few sizzles. Countdown begins.

Okay, I'm up for joining the April hatch!

I'm setting 9 Barnevelder eggs into the hatcher tonight for a Wednesday hatch. I think I'm going to have to build myself a different hatcher...my hatch rates are not great. I'm incubating in a new LG and hatching in an older one. I clean and sterilize the hatcher each time between sets but it may just be too old to do a good job. Who knows...

Last hatch ended today with 17 chicks out of about 30 eggs in lockdown. A few of those that didn't make it were quitters but I didn't know it until the hatch was over. Dark eggs can be hard to tell and if the air cells look like they've grown enough I go ahead and put them in lockdown anyway...

Here's a picture of the latest hatch!

Hey everyone!! Moving over from March! I have 8-9 Buff Orp eggs going into the hatcher today, & my very 1st 5 turkey eggs!!!!! I'm so excited to hatch some baby turkeys as I have never even seen a turkey under 10 months old!!!! Last weeks hatch was not great. 15/21 But I did learn that my hen who lays HUGE eggs, none of those have hatched in the last 2 hatches. They r just too big I suppose. They fully develop but never pip. And of my 9 going in today, 5 r hers. Oh well, I'm looking for turkeys today anyway! Lol

Thank you. I just finished candling them all. I'm so excited. Here are the results. Keep in mind that some of the goose and duck eggs were several weeks old and not stored properly(about a dozen of the goose and two dozen of the duck)

Goose: nine with growing goslings, 7 duds
Duck: twenty one growing ducklings, twelve duds
Serama: four growing chicks, one iffy guy
Mutt chickens: one growing chick, one egg that looks like mars

Also, when candling one of the goose eggs I noticed some large cracks in the shell that had not broken through the membrane. It is one of the ones that is growing. Should it be okay if I leave it alone?
And as a final note I have a broody goose and her babies are going to be hatching tomorrow or the day after. I'm so excited!

You need to seal the cracks, as far as anything I have ever read and it is still iffy this early in the incubation. Seal w/ paraffin, bees wax, or candle wax.

Back
Top Bottom