April Hatch Along

Pics
My chick finally hatched. So glad I went and found something to do. Just waiting on #13 to make its appearance, he's pipped yesterday evening. If he makes it I'll have 100% hatch rate. I set 14 eggs, culled one that wasn't doing anything on day 10.

By the way, the air sacs are huge.

If the air cells are huge, I'd stop misting now. Although it seems like it keeps them moist, it actually has the opposite effect. When that misting dries, it pulls more moisture out. Misting works well if the air cells are a little too small. I know it sounds backwards, but that's how it works lol.

My chick finally hatched. So glad I went and found something to do. Just waiting on #13 to make its appearance, he's pipped yesterday evening. If he makes it I'll have 100% hatch rate. I set 14 eggs, culled one that wasn't doing anything on day 10.

:ya congrats. Pics when you get a chance!

Congrats on the great hatch!!
yippiechickie.gif
I did my 7 day candle last night, can't believe we still have 2 weeks to go!!

Last edited:
Mountainbourbons: good luck on the sumalters.

The eggs i placed on lockdown. Heard peeping and 1 has already hatched an EE.

See at least 3 more pips.

If the air cells are huge, I'd stop misting now. Although it seems like it keeps them moist, it actually has the opposite effect. When that misting dries, it pulls more moisture out. Misting works well if the air cells are a little too small. I know it sounds backwards, but that's how it works lol.
how often should I candle? And lockdown on Thursday as planned? I've hatched dozens of chicks without problems but these babies have me nervous.

Back
Top Bottom