April Hatch Thread--Come Join Us!

DAY 19
wee.gif
and I swear I see the eggs moving ever so slightly, every so often!!!!
ya.gif

Lockdown started last night for me. I stopped turning on day 16.5 and won't be raising the humidity to 65% until I see internal pips. My humidity is around 40% because in the last weigh in for the eggs my range was at 11-18%, so I raised the humidity from 25-30% to 40%.

We're all set! My live cam will be going up once at some point this weekend if anyone's interested. The link is in my signature below :)

Last edited:
Can anyone give me ideas as to what Greeny/blue eggs might be? I know of the americaunas and araucana's but is there any other breeds. Just I had one shipped and no clue as to what it may be! Those breeds weren't on the list! Hmm I just keep thinking maybe they are mixed from that breed.

Can anyone give me ideas as to what Greeny/blue eggs might be? I know of the americaunas and araucana's but is there any other breeds. Just I had one shipped and no clue as to what it may be! Those breeds weren't on the list! Hmm I just keep thinking maybe they are mixed from that breed.
Could be from an Easter Egger (Amerucana Cross)...blue could be a Crested Cream Legbar

Thanks for the ideas on the hatcher, ive just decided to go get 2 more from tsc. I just dnt trust myself in making it right -I dnt want to bother my mom. Having 2 more will give me the opportunity to hatch all the time. I'm so excited about the possibilities!!!! I'm thinking of getting some more chicks soon. Ive got a possibility to buy a full grown gl polish roo to go with my hens, then I plan on trying to find more hens to go with the two ive already have.

I might be getting 4 splash silkie chicks next week, then eventually I want to get more blue and crele polish. I will probably wait on getting more anytime soon till the ones ive already gotten are able to be sexed -I only want one roo and about 6 hens in those colors. Then I might seperate my Easter eggers out of the main flock and get them their own roo -then there's the basque...I still dnt know what I'm going to do with them.....chicken math!!!!!!! :barnie

Could be from an Easter Egger (Amerucana Cross)...blue could be a Crested Cream Legbar

I was thinking Cream leg bar too, but they don't usually just get thrown in willy-nilly, y'know? What about an F1 Olive Egger? Supposedly those blue/green eggs turn in to F2 OE that are olive colored.

Lockdown started last night for me. I stopped turning on day 16.5 and won't be raising the humidity to 65% until I see internal pips. My humidity is around 40% because in the last weigh in for the eggs my range was at 11-18%, so I raised the humidity from 25-30% to 40%. We're all set! My live cam will be going up once at some point this weekend if anyone's interested. The link is in my signature below :)
Would you mind posting the link signature don't show up for me using the ipad. I find the live ones so interesting :)

You must have some really brave or plain stupid coyotes in GA. With you keeping danes and all. My danes are awesome as livestick guardian dogs. I haven't lost a bird to a hawk since we got Beau.

Since Beau (fawn male) got over 80lbs hawks don't even fly over if hes outside and Belle (BlueMerle Female) can claim 8 coons in her life. Coyotes are alot sneekier critters but Belle gave one a run for its life last winter when the varmit decided the creek behind the house had the makings of a cozy den. She was very proud of protecting her territory too when she came back she did the kick dirt behind her thing dogs do. Haven't seen a coyote except for on my trail camera since. I lost 4 brooding SLW hens in three days 2 years ago around this time of years to coons so now Belle and I try to put a dent in the varmit population throughout winter. Beau isn't gun shy hes just too much of a loverboy for all the barking and snarling that goes along with hunting coons so if he smells a coon on the creek he walks home and sits on the porch until we get back. Hes such a baby. No worries about the broodies at night around here this year.
I think that's what helps me too. I have 7 dogs and even tho they are in & out during the day & night I think the sight & scent is the biggest deterrent to predators. Over the past yrs mine have killed coons, skunks, armadillos, opossums & even hawks. They've run off bobcats & coyotes both.

Back
Top Bottom