April Hatch Thread--Come Join Us!

Well, I am off to bed! I am so tired. Worked from 7am till 8:45pm and I am done! Goodnight, wanted to watch chicks pip and zip but can't hold my eyes open. Goodnight all. Will update if I got some new babies in the morning.

I'm waiting, not patiently though...:barnie

I am sorry about the allergic reaction, I have some pretty bad allergies too.  I am allergic to everything they can test for plus found out the way you did that I had some medicinal allergies.  :hugs   Hope you start feeling better after that ordeal.
I am doing better. I have thrush now. Yuck and the worse part is the liquid med. it taste like banana laffy taffy. I hate banana laffy taffy. So I gag 4 times a day taking it. Yuck.
I have over three dozen eggs saved up and hopefully my friend got me some eggs at the auction tonight.
I am hoping to wake up to some beautiful babies in my incubator. They always make me feel better

So, no chicks yet, 29 were due on the 11th. I realized I miscounted for rabbits and eggs yesterday. So, Thursday should have done something but so far nada.

I woke up this morning to 5 baby mini rexes so that is exciting and my other doe looks ready to burst so I am thinking we will have kits from her in the morning. She is a first time Mom and that is my difficult breed so I am expecting trouble with her in some form or other.

As far as the eggs go, I can hear some chirping and see some eggs rocking but no pips yet. There isn't alot of eggs with movement, way less than I would expect. Hopefully the chicks are just snoozing away when I happen to be staring through the incubator window. I am almost afraid to jinx myself if I say hopefully tomorrow, so I won't say it. :)

Hope everyone has a successful hatch!

I have a mixed flock of Barred Rocks, Red Sex Links, Rhode Island reds, Easter eggers, White leghorn chicks and cornish rocks. I hope to get some Black Copper Marans to start breeding pure birds. Wonder what it would take to get some warrens in the US. Does anyone know what the cross is? Are they common in the UK? Never heard of lohmen browns either. Educate me please.

I'm prob not the one to educate I'm afraid its all new to me! You have a great mixture. Id like to get some pure breeds but just don't know what to get?? So much choice

And she's out!! #1 of 4 is running around lonely. None of the other 3 eggs have pipped yet. Technically, today is day 20 so I'm not worried yet.
YAY!! SO happy the first one is out. My son is going to love seeing her in a few hours when he gets up!

And she's out!! #1 of 4 is running around lonely. None of the other 3 eggs have pipped yet. Technically, today is day 20 so I'm not worried yet.
YAY!! SO happy the first one is out. My son is going to love seeing her in a few hours when he gets up!

Awww little baby! I'm finally headed to bed, been peeking through the incubator window every few minutes most of this evening! 3 pips and lots of peeping hope to see a baby break free in th a.m. Goodnight and hood hatching to all!!!:D

My two orphaned eggs are due Saturday or Sunday! I just candled them (day 18) and they look like they are getting ready to pip internally. I will be surprised if they both hatch considering they've already been through lockdown once with my main hatch, but they are definitely moving in there.

Back
Top Bottom