April Hatch Thread--Come Join Us!

She's still the only one to hatch. I feel so bad, she had no idea she's a chicken..

oh she is soo cute!
love.gif

NO babies for me this time... Today was day 24. WE gave up.
I had said I really didn't think any of the eggs were good. I held out hope for only one.
So when we egtopsied... we found one that didn't make it..almost fully developed. The rest were never any good. Not fertile? Since they never even started.
How does that happen?
I had one very early that was developed but obviously died so I cracked it. Then today one more.
The rest were always clear but I wasn't sure with the color.
so 2 fertile eggs out of 15?!?!?
WOW right?
Several were porous.
Anyway
I just don't know what to do.
these were expensive eggs. Not happy about all the non-starters.
I paid for overnight shipping.
That's what the auction said.
The eggs were shipped so late in the afternoon they took two days instead...and now this...
What would you do?

Complain to the seller. Are you positive they were infertile? Did you check for a bullseye? If they were infertile then that is at the fault of the seller.

I had said I really didn't think any of the eggs were good. I held out hope for only one.
So when we egtopsied... we found one that didn't make it..almost the developed. The rest were never any good. Not fertile? Since they never even started.
How does that happen?
I had one very early that was developed but obviously died so I cracked it. Then today one more.
WOW right?
Several were porous.
Anyway
The eggs were shipped so late in the afternoon they took two days instead...and now this...
What would you do?
sad.png
so sorry to hear this. I think if they were not fertile you should contact seller. Hopefully they will compensate you in some way.
hugs.gif

So when we egtopsied... we found one that didn't make it..almost fully developed. The rest were never any good. Not fertile? Since they never even started.
How does that happen?
WOW right?
Several were porous.
Anyway
What would you do?
I would definatley get ahold of the person you got the eggs from and talk to them. Sorry about your eggs.

On day 16 now, on monday i get to go into lockdown.
yesss.gif
I lockdown on Monday also. My first hatch. Hope I don't mess it up. I have seen movement in a few of them. I am having problems with humidity Can't keep it over 40% I have a sponge I will use at lockdown and hopefully can bring it up. Good luck to you and keep us posted. I will post pics if I get any chicks. I only set 9 mutts
fl.gif

I am right there with you. Need more coops built ASAP. I have 40 chicks in brooders and more hatching. I can't get enough.
lau.gif
It is so nice to be with people that understand ! Some of my friends just don't understand how addicting chickens are. I went out today and what did I come home with? MORE chicks!!! But Honey, I didn't have this kind yet!!! And look at how cute they are! And they are almost the same age as the ones hatching, sooooo they can all go in together.
wee.gif
And look how happy it makes me.

How does that happen?
WOW right?
Several were porous.
Anyway
What would you do?

Let the seller know that they were not fertile. If they are honest they will get you some fertile ones. If not, do not feel shy giving honest feedback about your experience.

Awww nersie km so sorry for your loss!! We dnt live to far away from each other, I have lots of pure fowl /poultry hatching eggs...I know they are very fertile...I would only charge you shipping $15.00. I NEVER gaurantee hatching but I know they are fertile.

If we lived close enough for you to pick up I would give them to u for free. Pm me if u want:hugs

GOOD NEWS.....just checked my layers in the bator -next 12 are alive and kicking!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom