Aquariums and fish keeping

If ur going to repair that tank, you should look into drilling the back and put a overflow in and a sump system. I like sump setups because you can have all your equipment in the sump and just fish and aquascaping in the display tank and you will never have to see your display tank water level drop due to evaporation it happens in the sump just something to think about

Last edited:
If ur going to repair that tank, you should look into drilling the back and put a overflow in and a sump system. I like sump setups because you can have all your equipment in the sump and just fish and aquascaping in the display tank and you will never have to see your display tank water level drop due to evaporation it happens in the sump just something to think about

I have thought about that but I don't mind adding water back to the tank as it drops. I think adding a sump system would add too much weight for our flooring to support since we have a double wide.

I have thought about that but I don't mind adding water back to the tank as it drops. I think adding a sump system would add too much weight for our flooring to support since we have a double wide.

You would probably be ok with a 20 long tank for a sump because you won't fill fill it all the way up, but not trying to push my idea on you I just got sick of seeing all my equipment in my saltwater tank that I had and won't be with out one now lol. When you get it fixed in the spring post some pics I love looking at fish tanks

My old pond

My old pond

My planted tank that I just took down

Both of these are beautiful! Eventually, we'd like to put in a pond. One of those, someday, when we finally have nothing else to get done kind of things lol.

We tried plants in our tank. They looked great...for a couple days. There's hardly anything left of them now. Between our pleco and Oscar, they've been annialated!

well just ordered 20 rainbow trout (10 normal and 10 albino) for a small aquaponic system. this is going to be fun :)

That sounds awesome. I'd love to do some aquaponics. We have a hydrponic setup right now though. Maybe once we get the garage heated we'll attempt something like that :) If you get a chance, post a picture of your setup. I'd love to see it.

Here's our hydropic/potted setup. We have a bell pepper going strong that we pulled from the garden in the fall. We pulled a tomato too but it didn't survive.

That sounds awesome. I'd love to do some aquaponics. We have a hydrponic setup right now though. Maybe once we get the garage heated we'll attempt something like that :) If you get a chance, post a picture of your setup. I'd love to see it.

Here's our hydropic/potted setup. We have a bell pepper going strong that we pulled from the garden in the fall. We pulled a tomato too but it didn't survive.

that is awesome (how fast do the plants grow in your set up?) my set up will start this spring (as i pick my trout up mid April) but am going with the simple ibc tote aquaponics.

Back
Top Bottom