Araucana breeders US

Appyfoot96

In the Brooder
Jan 27, 2022
I am looking for recommendations on a reliable Araucana breeder that is willing to o ship or is located near Oklahoma. As well as advice on what I should expect to pay for the chicks.

I am looking for recommendations on a reliable Araucana breeder that is willing to o ship or is located near Oklahoma. As well as advice on what I should expect to pay for the chicks.
Ann Charles is great about shipping. Look on SkyBlueEggs.com

What's your reason for acquiring Araucanas? Every year, there are fewer and fewer Araucana breeders. Especially quality stock that are approved APA standard of perfection (SOP). If you do find someone, ask tons of questions. Ann Charles ships mostly hatching eggs, super expensive. Last few years it's averaging $90/half dozen eggs. Then you have to factor in that shipped eggs decreases fertility. Then factor in the lower than average hatch rate. For Araucanas, shipped eggs you're looking at 20-30% hatch rate, IF you get a good hatch rate. Sometimes she does sell chicks, but it's rare that she does.

Willow Acres out of Ohio sold live chicks, but she is downsizing and not sure if she is breeding them anymore due to her health. If you are local, she might have some for pick up. She was one of the few who offers shipped day old Araucana chicks/eggs.

For the most part, this time of the year is still cold. Most people will have things available probably March-June.

Back
Top Bottom