Araucana Sexing

The blue one, they are 8 weeks old

Hey I also have an ameracana that I don't know weither it's a boy Or a girl I origanally assumed she was a girl but 'she Has' long tail feathers.

Hello all,

These three beauties are all true Aracaunas (says the woman i purchased them from). They were born March 18th which makes them 3 weeks and 5 days old. Anyone more experience than I care to take a guess at the sex of these babies?

Hello all,

These three beauties are all true Aracaunas (says the woman i purchased them from). They were born March 18th which makes them 3 weeks and 5 days old. Anyone more experience than I care to take a guess at the sex of these babies?

Where are you located? Location will play heavily into evaluating certain expected characteristics with regards to adherence to the breed standard as neither chick has characteristics that leap out as being true Araucana if you are in the U.S.
You mentioned three birds, but I only see two photos.
The bottom bird appears to be a likely cockerel.
The top bird is a strong possible pullet.

Is this a hen or a Roo? Also, is this an araucana? I bought them for 10 dollars a peice and I'm not too sure if it was an araucana or not. Thank you for any info :)

Back
Top Bottom