Araucana thread anyone?

I am not on this thread much - bigger following on facebook now.
I have an account, but I have no idea how to use FB!

We don't have partridge in Araucana but it would be a cool project for someone.
Is this what one would look like?

Projects we have are LF cuckoo,
Will you have any available soon?

Solids would be easier to work on...but this breed is hard to work with all around. Lethal gene, leg color, pea combs, wattles, head size.. I can go on..its like most other breeds. Just finding the SOP on this breed is few and far between.
Yeah, I kinda get that! LOL..... wow..... it's almost like the breed is still in the process of being defined.

I am not on this thread much - bigger following on facebook now. I am working on LF Black and LF Blues (project color), and bantam whites.

We have a lot breeders working on LF Black, couple LF whites, couple bantam whites and bantam blacks.
Duckwings and BBR are harder to get the color correct but we have few breeders working on them. We don't have partridge in Araucana but it would be a cool project for someone.

Projects we have are LF cuckoo, LF Blue/Splash and LF/Bantam Mottled. There are a couple Red Pyles out there...most likely popped out of white stock. Some breeders have mixed colors and are getting all sorts of colored offspring, so be careful with that.

Solids would be easier to work on...but this breed is hard to work with all around. Lethal gene, leg color, pea combs, wattles, head size.. I can go on..its like most other breeds. Just finding the SOP on this breed is few and far between.

I wonder what colours I could get from these (by selective breedings):

I like your red roo! He's handsome ....
droolin.gif
..... you have quite the color palette, lots of potential combinations.... I would think you could get some nice chicks out of them
jumpy.gif

Do you have more than one roo?

I like your red roo! He's handsome ....
droolin.gif
..... you have quite the color palette, lots of potential combinations.... I would think you could get some nice chicks out of them
jumpy.gif

Do you have more than one roo?

black with mahagony, double tufted, he is with my 2 blue and splash (?) girls, on the left:

I have an account, but I have no idea how to use FB! Is this what one would look like? Duckwing wild type of some sort. I'm not knowledgeable on these colors. Will you have any available soon? Jenn Nashoba has cuckoos. Yeah, I kinda get that! LOL..... wow..... it's almost like the breed is still in the process of being defined.

Last edited:
I wonder what colours I could get from these (by selective breedings):
Unfortunately these are mixed colors. It's hard to say what the offspring will be. Looks like there may be a BBR male, and buff Colombian male and the rest are a mix. Test breeding might only make things worse. But if your not worried about colors then try it.

Back
Top Bottom