Araucanas, HOW DO I SEX THEM???? WOW!!! PIC HEAVY!

Quote:
I have never raised Araucanas, so please excuse my ignorance. I though all Araucanas were tufted? As well as rumpless? So I was wondering if these gorgeous birds are mixes, or do the tufts not develop until later in maturing?

NOT being snarky, I really don't know and would love to learn.

not all are born rumpless and many are not bilaterialy tufted, some are single and some are cleaned face. even breeding 2 double tufted & rumpless birds together will produce clean faced, single, and double tufted and you still may get some with partial or whole tail feathers. They are still considered Araucanas though. Now the colloring on some may put them into the EE catergory because it is not recognized but I am not possitive on that.

Oh my.
th.gif

Thank you.... I think!
big_smile.png
Reckon I need to learn a LOT more before going there!

Quote:
What is BBS? So i should keep the bi tufted blue and red roo, the bi tufted blue hen and the bi tufted black hen....then what else? I do like the spangled or splash. What do you suggest?

sorry bbs is Blue, Black, splash I would keep all of them in one pen, if you want their offspring color to be true
The red I would put with other reds.

Absolutely gorgeous coloring! I love that bright red infusion in the one chicken. Wow. I have nine youngster Easter Eggers and I've very new to that Americana/ Araucana/ Easter Egger world.

I was reading the "technical information " posts above and will have to go back again to read them thoroughly. It went into my brain like this, "blah blah....blah blah blah....blah blah". Too funny.
tongue.png

My Easter Eggers seem to be mixed with some Polish because one has a top-knot. He's definately a roo because he's showing comb activity at eight weeks.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom