Are all my Eggs BAD? Help!!!! (Pics)

artathart

Songster
8 Years
Mar 31, 2011
Some of you may know that I had some temp issues but worked them out early on. Today was day 4 and I candled my eggs. I know it was early but I found this link which showed what they would look like at day4-5 which is where I am. Please, NONE of my eggs look like these. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=261876

Here
are my eggs. Photos are horrible because I had no flash and they are blurry. All the eggs seem to have the same blig blob in the center or at the end of the egg that moves when you move the egg. No veins or anything. Please look and tell me.

eggfertility027.jpg

eggfertility020.jpg

eggfertility017.jpg

eggfertility009.jpg

I do have ONE egg that has a little black dot in it......
eggfertility014.jpg

eggfertility002.jpg

One is clearly cracked, should I remove it?
eggfertility010.jpg

Last edited:
Mine looked like that this morning and last night and when I just checked them, I had veins in 2 out of my 3 Americauna eggs that I can see in AND i saw a tiny little heartbeat in one of them....so, my advice is unfortunately be patient, and check them again in the morning, cause in 10 or so hours, mine changed drastically....

Also, try candling from the side (with the pointy end down), this is what helped me to see the tiny little veins....

Let me know how it goes...this is my first hatch, so I am not much help, but I just went through this earlier today and last night, LOL

Quote:
What you are seeing in the first picture is Writing on the shell that Says "Mystery".

Bummer, just give them more time....I was feeling the same way last night and ALL day today, I know how ya feel.....If you can, try not to candle for another few days, but that is hard to do, I know, i can't even follow my own directions, LOL

Back
Top Bottom