Are illegal immigrants a BIG issue where you live?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
So let's build a giant moat on the borders and fill them with crocodiles.
wink.png

Hungry ones or well fed? We could feed them our culled chickens and then ride on their backs.....
lau.gif
caf.gif

lau.gif

Quote:
i have to say true on that , there are people who take a lot of advantage and they use children for it, especially children having children

Quote:
I'll ask again. Does anyone have a reasonable explanation why they are so poor?

Free trade is a huge whopping reason. You've asked the $64,000 question, and I'm thrilled that someone took this discussion a little further.

When the trade borders were forcibly opened up so that our farmers (read: agribusiness) could widen their own markets, our cheap commodities (for example, corn) flood the market. Naturally, our cheap commodities will be purchased before those grown by the individual farmer who charges slightly more for his product. Mexican farmers cannot compete with American agribusiness and simply can't make a living any more. So they end up here.

The cause of illegal immigration is a vastly larger problem than some people sneaking across the Arizona desert at night so they can "steal our jobs" and "get food stamps" (the jobs they do, incidentally, are jobs no American wants). I can't imagine any soul would prefer to leave his or her home and family and work in filthy, backbreaking, dangerous jobs that pay a pittance (field labor and slaughterhouse work are two major employers for illegal immigrants), rather than stay in his or her own home and make a living for their family.

In short, the U.S., and other wealthy developed nations just like it, is causing its own illegal immigration problem.

For more information and an excellent explanation of how free trade damages developing countries, read on:
http://www.organicconsumers.org/chiapas/031203_chiapas.cfm

Amy

mom'sfolly :

Personally, I think that anyone who is foreign born and voluntarily serves in our military deserves automatic citizenship when their tour is up. I also think that those who complete PhDs or MDs in this country should be offered expedited citizenship. These are the kind of people we want to keep!

Currently the wait to citizenship is 3 years from receiving your green card you are elgible to apply for citizenship with an average wait of around 6-8 months until you can take your test and be sworn in. I believe this should apply to all not just those with education, we need to concentrate on educating our own, most Americans are spoiled and don't take education serious try living overseas and you will see just how seriously they take it.​

Point being... apparently the U.S. is at it's capacity of taking in illegal border crossers, wherever they came from. When it's starting to affect our country in a negative way, as in loss of jobs for U.S. citizens, something needs to happen.

I agree something needs to be done with our welfare system. Like random drug tests and proof at least one member of the household is trying to find work. I don't agree with forcing mothers that want to stay home and care for their kids to be made to go to work. A lot of hard working people are on welfare too. Everybody can't be rich.

Quote:
I rather deal with that then the people renting my moms house in NC. People are shooting the lady's windows out and shooting the door. Get this. Someone tried stealing her kids bike while the kid was on it and she was outside! As rodney dangerfield used to say "no respect!"

Quote:
Personally - I don't think people are "trash" - maybe the way the live is... Sometimes, people have issues beyond their control - they are in a hole with their wheels spinning and don't know how to get out. Sometimes, they do try to abuse/use the system. You can't tell by looking what's in a person's heart. My son has ADHD quite extremely. When his meds wear off, look out! If we are in town and he doesn't have his meds - ie: evening after they have worn off, people look at us like we are poor parents - white trash who can't control their kid. And, I've spent most of my life defending their right to think that way. In the end, we all do it wrong in some form or fashion.

what ever hapend to Walk A Mile In someone elses Shoes. My ancestors came from Italy, Germany, Scottland, etc. Yes they had to learn the language and find a job but they were just as ostracized as immigrants are today. It was also much easier then to be come legal. Today it requires hundreds of dollars and a immigration attorney. Be so thankful that you live or were born in the USA and have had the wonderful fruitful life you have and have never had to go elsewhere to support your family.

As for welfare recipients being a drain on society, I am so happy for you that you have never been in a position where you needed help from others.

Quote:
I rather deal with that then the people renting my moms house in NC. People are shooting the lady's windows out and shooting the door. Get this. Someone tried stealing her kids bike while the kid was on it and she was outside! As rodney dangerfield used to say "no respect!"

You are right - NO RESPECT....that is the heart of the problem we are all discussing - not race or nationality - NO RESPECT! As for those you mentioned - I think I would find a way to move outta that neighborhood!
D.gif

Quote:

You are right - NO RESPECT....that is the heart of the problem we are all discussing - not race or nationality - NO RESPECT! As for those you mentioned - I think I would find a way to move outta that neighborhood!
D.gif

My mom said she told her and the lady new what she was getting into. Her hubby is in the armed forces. They have ADT but that dont help much. Hopefully that place will turn around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom