Are my chickens okay?

reeyuh

Hatching
Oct 25, 2023
I took my girls out of the coop today to free roam around my backyard and they did a few interesting poops. Today is the first day I’ve noticed it and wanted to know if anyone has any idea of what it could be? I did a little bit of googling and it could be Coccidiosis. If anyone could help me to deduce possible illnesses that would be amazing. I would want to get them checked before the holidays tomorrow. THANKS

Attachments

• IMG_2186.jpeg
    IMG_2186.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2185.jpeg
    IMG_2185.jpeg
    887.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2184.jpeg
    IMG_2184.jpeg
    1,001.9 KB · Views: 4
I had coccidiosis last spring with a batch of new chicks, at about 5-6 weeks old. It was my 3rd time with chicks, and here's what was different.

I'd seen the red in the droppings before with previous batches of chicks, but this was different. It was in a bit of shavings, and they were stuck together with blood in a clump. Not a clotty glob of blood, it was liquid. I saw this twice.

I was pretty sure I knew who did it (it was under where she had roosted), and she was sitting, hunched up, not active at all. The rest were zooming around.

I did a course of Corid, and by the next day, she was more active. The day after that, she was back to normal. I finished the treatment, and everything was fine.

Back
Top Bottom