Are the chicks dead?

capt Howdy ccg

In the Brooder
5 Years
Dec 8, 2014
I have incubated some eggs. Some have pipped and some have zipped but that was around 10am
yesterday and they still have not come out. I have one baby chick out now. The others dont seem to have any movement or peeping.
400 and also i have not opened the incubator and the humidity is a 70%

Last edited:
I'm new to hatching but some of my babies were like yours. A lady on here said she gives them 24 hours from the last time they made any movement or pip etc before she intervenes. Have you opened the lid at all? If you have then they could have lost humidity and could be stuck.
She told me to get some kitchen paper and warm water ready, very gently take some shell away trying not to damage any membrane. Only take one egg out and be as quick as you can to open the bator. If the chick moves or you see any blood veins place wet warm kitchen towel back over the egg apart from the hole where the beak is and put back. They may just be taking a rest. Repeat for the rest, however I would probably try the first two and if they move etc I would take it that the others are ok too

If they still don't move just keep removing a little more shell. I wet cotton buds/ q-tips and rubbed that a little over the membrane and that worked a treat and they were shouting and wriggling again.
However I did have one that did this and did die but he had a little infection.
All my eggs that pipped did make it apart from that one. I didn't have a few eggs that died inside for some reason. Hope they are all ok

I have not opened the incubator at all till now the one i pulled out is gone i dont understand why he can get that far and just die but im going to give it a few days just to be safe

So i save one but the last two are gone but helped the one out and he is now moving around and pepping so now there is the last two eggs the have pipped today should I try and help them or see if they can do it

Back
Top Bottom