Are the nipple watering systems worth it?

Quote:
No...qc supply has the stainless steel nipples for 1.18 each and the shipping is very low. If you feel you will need more instruction, you can always buy your nipples from Neil Grassbaugh on byc and he will help you along if needed...so I've heard and seen from posts on here.

One thing to watch out for with the nipples.

Mine stainless steel nipples came apart and the pieces could be lost when you are cleaning.. The plastic red ones don't come apart.

thanks constantine, on the ebay site! just ordered me 4 of the things. Will use with suspended plastic water bottle. Wayyy better than waterer that sits on ground and constantly gets dirty! Thanks!

Has anyone had an algae issue with the pvc pipe and nipple system? Since its gravity feed do you notice build up over time? I am making some of the water bottle style ones for the brooders to keep the water cleaner and not full of bedding but not sure if I am going to switch out the outside pens as it would be ..... another project for hubby
big_smile.png

I'm also wondering about algae...I would love to try the nipples because our birds drink so much in the heat. Freezing not really a problem here in North Texas, but nasty stagnant water sure is. Can these be flushed with a bleach solution to clean? Perhaps take the nipples off and soak them separately, then flush the lines. It would be a nightmare if we left water in a container for a week and expected the chickens to drink it.

What does the vinegar do? Help with algae?

Ladysfield

Back
Top Bottom