Are these blood rings?

Pics
So the little chickie that had the hard hatch looks good all things considered. Shes walking better now, the bubble by her wing is gone, she’s drinking like a champ, and her yolk sac situation is dried up and healed nicely. The only problem is she doesn’t want to eat! She’ll drink yolk off a q-tip, and she’ll peck a few bites of food, but nothing substantial at all. She just wants to sleep under the heat and drink. Should I give up? What do I do??
Have you encouraged her to eat? Tap at it with your finger, see if she shows some interest.
What temp is it inside the brooder?

You could also mix yolk with water, and perhaps nutri drench, then dip the tip of her beak into it to encourage her to sip the mixture. Just be careful not to submerge her nares.

Have you encouraged her to eat? Tap at it with your finger, see if she shows some interest.

You could also mix yolk with water, and perhaps nutri drench, then dip the tip of her beak into it to encourage her to sip the mixture. Just be careful not to submerge her nares.
It’s about 100 under the heating pad. Some spots warmer some spots cooler. The room itself is like 78-80 degrees because it’s been warm here.

I do encourage her to eat. I’ve tried dry food and wet food. Even put it under the heating pad in case she just didn’t like being colder. The problem is all she wants to do is sleep. She falls asleep at the food. She stays awake to drink but won’t stay awake to eat.

I can keep giving her yolk on a q-tip, I just don’t know how long I can keep up with that for it to be enough food for her?

Thank you for helping me! ❤️

It’s about 100 under the heating pad. Some spots warmer some spots cooler. The room itself is like 78-80 degrees because it’s been warm here.

I do encourage her to eat. I’ve tried dry food and wet food. Even put it under the heating pad in case she just didn’t like being colder. The problem is all she wants to do is sleep. She falls asleep at the food. She stays awake to drink but won’t stay awake to eat.

I can keep giving her yolk on a q-tip, I just don’t know how long I can keep up with that for it to be enough food for her?
Hatched on Thursday right?
She may not have a massive appetite yet. The reason it's a bit concerning is because she lost some of the yolk, so she didn't get all of them important nutrients.
Do you have any nutri drench? That'd be helpful to give her a little boost

You can offer her as much of the yolk mix as she'll eat, she should stop and lose interest once she's had enough

Hatched on Thursday right?
She may not have a massive appetite yet. The reason it's a bit concerning is because she lost some of the yolk, so she didn't get all of them important nutrients.
Do you have any nutri drench? That'd be helpful to give her a little boost

You can offer her as much of the yolk mix as she'll eat, she should stop and lose interest once she's had enough
Yeah, she did. I have something like nutri drench, I’ve been giving that along with the egg yolk. I also have sugar water hoping it’d perk her up to eat.

I should have mentioned she doesn’t have a lot to poop out now. They looked good but got smaller, and this last time it was mostly just water with a tiny bit of normal poop with white (like the white is normally mixed in). I think she’s to the point of needing food. I’ll keep doing the egg yolk for now I guess. 🤷🏻‍♀ I don’t think she’ll last too long like this…I hope she gets a hunger in her soon! ❤️

Yeah, she did. I have something like nutri drench, I’ve been giving that along with the egg yolk. I also have sugar water hoping it’d perk her up to eat.

I should have mentioned she doesn’t have a lot to poop out now. They looked good but got smaller, and this last time it was mostly just water with a tiny bit of normal poop with white (like the white is normally mixed in). I think she’s to the point of needing food. I’ll keep doing the egg yolk for now I guess. 🤷🏻‍♀ I don’t think she’ll last too long like this…I hope she gets a hunger in her soon! ❤️
I think you're correct
You may need to offer her the mix more frequently. If you can, every half hour would be ideal

Bubble thing is back 😢

Attachments

• 9E2C63F0-417F-4DC3-960E-AC11A98085F4.jpeg
    9E2C63F0-417F-4DC3-960E-AC11A98085F4.jpeg
    390.6 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom