Are these blood rings?

A little worried about this guy. It’s still going, still working to get out, but looks like somethings spilling out of the egg? Is that yolk??

Attachments

• 704A0F79-23CB-40AB-A06E-D338778ED5AE.jpeg
    704A0F79-23CB-40AB-A06E-D338778ED5AE.jpeg
    596.8 KB · Views: 12
It’s out, but not looking great. I think it ruptured it’s yolk sac during hatch. I got it out of the incubator so I could try to keep it hydrated, and noticed this lump by it’s wing. It may have been the wing that was outside of the shell. Could it be broken?

Attachments

• 9338FE15-C48C-4FE7-AEEE-ED18301F2D87.jpeg
    9338FE15-C48C-4FE7-AEEE-ED18301F2D87.jpeg
    403.7 KB · Views: 9
It’s out, but not looking great. I think it ruptured it’s yolk sac during hatch. I got it out of the incubator so I could try to keep it hydrated, and noticed this lump by it’s wing. It may have been the wing that was outside of the shell. Could it be broken?
That’s a weird looking thing, it almost looks like a blister. I think you should just let it be until it dries off and fluffs up. Maybe it will go down?

@Eggcessive
Not sure about the lump, looks like it's full of liquid?
For the yolk situation, can you get a photo of the chicks naval/tummy area?

@Eggcessive
Not sure about the lump, looks like it's full of liquid?
For the yolk situation, can you get a photo of the chicks naval/tummy area?
Thank you! I also started another thread about this, I’m sorry if that’s confusing. I got panicky!

Here’s the belly of the chick. I’ve isolated it in the brooder to let it rest. I think I pulled it out of the incubator too early because it’s not drying super well. But I wanted to do it before others popped. I did get it to sip some water with vitamins and electrolytes in it.

Attachments

• 48F1B366-68FE-45F6-B9C1-57324738D950.jpeg
    48F1B366-68FE-45F6-B9C1-57324738D950.jpeg
    404.1 KB · Views: 12
Thank you! I also started another thread about this, I’m sorry if that’s confusing. I got panicky!

Here’s the belly of the chick. I’ve isolated it in the brooder to let it rest. I think I pulled it out of the incubator too early because it’s not drying super well. But I wanted to do it before others popped. I did get it to sip some water with vitamins and electrolytes in it.
Definitely looks like the yolk burst.... that tummy just doesn't look normal to me

I'd prepare for the worst. Its rare that chicks like this one survive, the ruptured yolk leaves them exposed to infection and they can really suffer the loss of those vitamins, its their life line. But with whatever else is going on too, I'd definitely say the odds aren't in his favour.

You're doing the right thing with the vitamin water, separating him from the others, but I would prepare for the worst. :hugs

Definitely looks like the yolk burst.... that tummy just doesn't look normal to me

I'd prepare for the worst. Its rare that chicks like this one survive, the ruptured yolk leaves them exposed to infection and they can really suffer the loss of those vitamins, its their life line. But with whatever else is going on too, I'd definitely say the odds aren't in his favour.

You're doing the right thing with the vitamin water, separating him from the others, but I would prepare for the worst. :hugs
Ok, thank you!! Should I try to get some yolk in its system too? Like break an egg from my other hens and put a little yolk on a q-tip, then put it beside its mouth to try to drink?

Ok, thank you!! Should I try to get some yolk in its system too? Like break an egg from my other hens and put a little yolk on a q-tip, then put it beside its mouth to try to drink?
I don’t think it would hurt, but maybe he just needs to rest and dry off for awhile so you can see what he’s gonna do. I’ve had some iffy looking chicks hatch that grew right through it 😉

I don’t think it would hurt, but maybe he just needs to rest and dry off for awhile so you can see what he’s gonna do. I’ve had some iffy looking chicks hatch that grew right through it 😉
It’s eyes are open now (I wiped it clean with warm water gently, still has a long way to go but it helped it open its eyes), and it’s chirping like it’s content. Lifting it’s head and drinking when I give it some to drink. I’ll just try to get some yolk/vitamin water in to it about once an hour I think for now, and let it rest otherwise. And pray! Even my kiddos are praying for this sweet chickie. ❤️

This early hatched CCL is a firecracker. Came 2 days early, and now that he has his strength and balance about him, he’s all over the place. And attacking his own feet and blankets 😂

I do have a lid for this, and will move them to a bigger space as they all grow but this was a good starting size.

Attachments

• 50DFE11A-1985-4916-A3C9-00963D7E649E.jpeg
    50DFE11A-1985-4916-A3C9-00963D7E649E.jpeg
    670.2 KB · Views: 12

Back
Top Bottom