Are these Goose eggs good or not?

Update!

Candled batch 2 which is 6 eggs. I'm counting egg number #7 as its own batch since it was started almost a week after. No new eggs since. ANYWAYS!!!!

All 6 have veining and I could visibly see movement in 5 of them! SO exciting. Last batch there was only 1 visibly moving.

Gizzy laid another egg making her count 17. And we have our first ever broody hen. So the latest 2 goose eggs were given to her. Shes a Black Australorp. I dunno if shes Onyx or Nox. But either way shes one of our sweeter girls. She didn't try to tear my hand off when I was switching out the eggs. Within the next couple days I think I'm gonna attempt misting the 6 (Batch 2) goose incubating eggs. I might not do it every day but maybe every 3-5 days until lock down.

Batch #2= 6 eggs still seemingly doing well candled yesterday 5 noticeable movement 1 candled again this morning and maybe movement? It was tiny lol. Batch #3 was a dud single egg. Batch #4=2 eggs under a broody hen I attempted to candle then but it wasn't dark enough in the coop so I'm not sure if what I saw was veining or a blood ring. I had an issue with our goose chasing her out so I had to barricade them apart. Its made me really want to make some sort of easy human access quarantine box inside the coop to avoid this issue. She also has a few chicken eggs under her. I kept up on it long enough that they should hatch around the same timeish. I'll keep an incubator running just in case. Anyways I'll be running an incubator because I have 3 more goose eggs. I really hope its the last batch lol. I mean I could just not incubate them but might as well right lol Its only 3.

What's 3 more. :lol:
Yup only 3 more XD As long as Gizzy doesn't lay anymore. I think she's laid 19 eggs so far this year? But again she tends to make a liar out of me lol For all I know when I go out to feed in a few hours there will be another pile of chicken eggs with a single goose egg again. I won't miss her stealing chicken eggs once they get their own pen lol

Back
Top Bottom