Are these Goose eggs good or not?

Update!

Candled batch 2 which is 6 eggs. I'm counting egg number #7 as its own batch since it was started almost a week after. No new eggs since. ANYWAYS!!!!

All 6 have veining and I could visibly see movement in 5 of them! SO exciting. Last batch there was only 1 visibly moving.

Gizzy laid another egg making her count 17. And we have our first ever broody hen. So the latest 2 goose eggs were given to her. Shes a Black Australorp. I dunno if shes Onyx or Nox. But either way shes one of our sweeter girls. She didn't try to tear my hand off when I was switching out the eggs. Within the next couple days I think I'm gonna attempt misting the 6 (Batch 2) goose incubating eggs. I might not do it every day but maybe every 3-5 days until lock down.

Batch #2= 6 eggs still seemingly doing well candled yesterday 5 noticeable movement 1 candled again this morning and maybe movement? It was tiny lol. Batch #3 was a dud single egg. Batch #4=2 eggs under a broody hen I attempted to candle then but it wasn't dark enough in the coop so I'm not sure if what I saw was veining or a blood ring. I had an issue with our goose chasing her out so I had to barricade them apart. Its made me really want to make some sort of easy human access quarantine box inside the coop to avoid this issue. She also has a few chicken eggs under her. I kept up on it long enough that they should hatch around the same timeish. I'll keep an incubator running just in case. Anyways I'll be running an incubator because I have 3 more goose eggs. I really hope its the last batch lol. I mean I could just not incubate them but might as well right lol Its only 3.

What's 3 more. :lol:
Yup only 3 more XD As long as Gizzy doesn't lay anymore. I think she's laid 19 eggs so far this year? But again she tends to make a liar out of me lol For all I know when I go out to feed in a few hours there will be another pile of chicken eggs with a single goose egg again. I won't miss her stealing chicken eggs once they get their own pen lol

Today is officially day 28 on batch #2. I candled them the day before lock down which I started day 25 because it's what my mother wanted and 4 still had movement. Not to hopeful on the 2 that had no movement but their going through lock down anyways.

I attempted to candle broody hen's eggs a few days ago but using a phone light and not leaving the coop made it difficult. Might have to bring them inside to candle them. I'd rather not candle at night since the geese will be in the coop lol. Not worried about me being attacked more of Gus getting rowdy and pulling chickens off the roosts. He's a jerk lol.

Gizzy hasn't laid anymore eggs. Atleast not that I've found. So those last 3 are only on day 5 so not quite time to candle.

Candled the 2 goose eggs under the broody hen. Both have very clear movement. Which is a relief. Little miss Gizzy stood right next to me at the baby gate nibbling my shorts and rubbing against me. Probably wants in there to chase her out.

Trying to patiently stalk the hatcher incubator lol.

My moms got early morning duty since I'm not usually awake until 9-10 am.

Last edited:
We have one pipping! Noticed an egg shell piece hanging from an egg. Unfortunately the way i placed the eggs I left a gap between each row of 3 eggs with the wider sides of the eggs facing the middle so there not bumping and moving the others as much so its hard to see whats happening.

Notes for next hatcher use. Face eggs toward window, 6 goose eggs is a tight fit and test outside the foam case to see how well the temp holds.

The plan is to remove the goslings and their eggs after they dry off so it creates room for the others.

Today I'll have to set up the brooder. Opting for the non heat lamp option. I despise using it. I bought and forgot to test the heat plate so hoping it works but worse case we still have a heating pad we used for the goslings last year. They did well with it. And worse case we do have the heat lamp though I realllllyyyy don't want wanna use it lol. I have to much anxiety and paranoia with it XD.

We removed the foam casing around it earlier to get a better look as curiousity won and I wrapped the incubator in a towel and it's kept up temp and humidity. I was internally screaming when I went to do a final night check on the humidity and temp. Soooo freaking cute!!! I know its still wet but it looks like it has the darker coloring of toulouse. If so... ITS A MINI GUS! Lol.

Since the incubators are in the master bathroom through my parents room I was coming out quietly since my mother was asleep and yet for some reason there my mother was looking at me and I couldn't stop myself when I told her it hatched and it was so freaking cute and she immediately got up and had to look lol.

Also anyone know what these would be called? Their father is a toulouse and their mother is a buff american.

Would they just be called buff american/toulouse mix?
IMG_20240507_231401952.jpg

Back
Top Bottom